“Relaxing Journey” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stena Line Limited - Day Trips

Stena Line Limited - Day Trips
Ranked #5 of 31 things to do in Holyhead
More attraction details
Owner description: Stena Line, one of the world's leading ferry companies, offers low fares and a speedier ferry travel service to Ireland, Britain and Holland. With our extensive route network, Stena Line gives you more flexibility and choice. As well as a range of hotel breaks, self-catering, landbridge holidays and the option to travel by car, by rail, by coach or on foot, you will enjoy excellent service and value for money. Book early and online for our lowest fares
Craigavon, United Kingdom
180 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 242 helpful votes
“Relaxing Journey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Took the ferry from Belfast to Cairnryan.

We travelled Premium as we had our dog with us & wanted to get embark/disembark quickly. We left him in our car but had the option of leaving him in the onboard kennel.

Check-in at the terminals was easy & painless.

The Premium Lounge was comfortable with ample seating. Unlimited snacks & drinks are available.
We had breakfast on the outward leg of our trip & it hit the spot.

All staff were friendly & efficient.

Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“MegaBus and Stena Line: Dublin to Chester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently booked a journey from Dublin to Chester and back again through MegaBus Uk. The journey cost me about £30 (half the price of Sail&Rail!).
I boarded the 8:30 Stena Line sailing from Dublin as a foot passenger. The boat was nice and quiet and there was a film playing in the cinema to keep me occupied for most of the journey.
At Holyhead I boarded the MegaBus Coach bound for London. A little bit of a wait between arriving at Holyhead and boarding the coach but it didn't bother me.
The coach was near empty between Holyhead and Chester. The Driver said it would be full between Manchester and London though. We arrived in Chester at about 2:30am as per schedule. It was just perfect!
The return journey was just as good and the Drivers were really nice.
I've already booked my next trip and it only cost me £16.50 (€21 for me) because I got lucky and found one of the £1 tickets that you're offered every now and again.

All in all it was a perfect trip for me. If you're not too bothered by travelling on buses and not having the bells and whistles of more extravagant travel then this service is an absolute gem!

Visited July 2014
3 Thank GeorgiaDoorley
Dublin, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Day trip on the ferry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Booked online with ease and changed the date a week later with no issues. Sailed on a Tuesday for only 5 euros each return. Where would you get it?...just a day put for the kids reslly. Parked at Dublin port at. Cost of 9 euros for the day, got our tickets and the bus shuttled us onboard. It was all well organized. On the ship were many lounge areas with tv or large screens, restaurants with plenty of seating and the cinema which was free. The staff were very nice and it was a pleasant trip to holyhead. The return trip was the same and the kids enjoyed it imensley. My only issue was that the toilets were a bit smelly, although clean.....with a toilet blocked up, so some attention is needed here. Worth a trip across for a family day adventure.

4 Thank TheJellies
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I traveled to Ireland with stenna last Christmas, arrived at Fishguard for our journey to rosslare to find out our sailing was delayed by several hours due to horrendous weather on the Irish Sea. It was Christmas so we really hoped they would not cancel our sailing, stenna surprised me by giving all passengers 10 pound vouchers to make up for the delay. We were fortunate to have a booking in the premium lounge and from the time we boarded the ship the service was second to none all staff from the captain down went the extra mile to make the journey bearable. I give stenna top marks for costumer service well up to an airline standard so much I have put money where my mouth is by making 2 more bookings this year on Fishguard / rosslare route, a good tip, book the premium lounge for a few pounds extra it's extremely comfortable and makes a tedious journey bearable

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We took the rail and sail from London to Amsterdam. It was an amazing experience. Rooms were comfortable. We had a day journey on our return. Took the Lounge and it was totally worth it.

Visited June 2014