“Okay for a stop over”

Travelodge Holyhead Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Holyhead
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed for one night as a stop over before our ferry journey. There were 4 of us.

Rooms are clean, with nice double beds. We needed two beds in one room - the other bed was just a small camp style, which was uncomfortable.

The receptionist was friendly, but not hugely helpful when we asked for places to eat. He guided us to a restaurant which we had to drive to, when there were plenty of take aways and restaurants within walking distance.

The breakfast boxes are okay, but I would suggest eating on the ferry if you prefer hot food.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel because of it's convenience to the ferry terminal at Holyhead. We found it extremely clean, staff were helpful and the room was quiet. I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have stayed at Holyhead Travelodge several times and usually enjoyed it. I stayed there this time to take my mum back for a couple of days to see where she used to live and meet some old friends. As she has dementia and mobility problems I asked for a disabled access room and this was perfect. The staff on arrival were friendly as usual, and the beds comfortable.
However, on this occasion our sleep was disturbed on our second night by a commotion outside our room and in the corridor at 4.30am with a great deal of shouting and arguing (and it sounded to me like it was some sort of party and that somebody was drunk), and I eventually settled my mum back down before we were woken again about 6.45am by some children shouting (they had probably been disturbed from the incident earlier on).
On checking out, I reported our inconvenience to the receptionist and she said - oh yes, that was someone who was unwell and we had to get him out, but there was no question about my mum's welfare or the effect on her, and then the receptionist asked had I booked online and if so, when I got the email, please could I complete the survey and give them a good rating because it helps! I told her I definitely would be completing a survey this time, and I have done that now.
On reflection I may stay again, but might take mum to Anglesey Outdoors instead next time (where I have also stayed before) which is much quieter than Travelodge was this time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Like all travelodges the value of the hotel depends greatly on the price you managed to book for.

The hotel was basic, but the guy on reception was friendly. The room itself was clean, the new travelodge beds are comfy but without air conditioning was quite stuffy. Due to the nature of the hotel and being next to a port there are plenty of people leaving and arriving throughout the night. Having the window open increases the chances of being woken by people getting out of their cars.

The mugs supplied for tea and coffee needed a clean before I used them. The room curtains aren't over generous and let quite a bit of light in around the edges.

That said, the hotel is undeniably convenient for Holyhead port and took a lot of hassle out of catching the first ferry of the day to Dublin.

Room Tip: A room not overlooking the car park would be quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 27 July 2014

we stayed 4 nts in Holyhead, the room was very clean and well maintained, there are no hairdryers or fans in the room but just ask at reception and they will bring one to your room and are free.great stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Had a great stay at Holyhead Travelodge. The staff were very friendly and the room was very clean and fresh. The location is perfect for access to the town and ferry terminal. I would recommend this hotel anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geoff H
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here the night before our early morning ferry. The room was basic but very clean and the bed was comfy. There was ample parking and only a short walk from the town. The check in was quick and easy and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyhead
Trearddur Bay Hotel
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge
Harbour Hotel
Harbour Hotel
#3 of 3 in Cemaes Bay

Been to Travelodge Holyhead Hotel? Share your experiences!