“Awesome, unforgettable hike!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$684.68*
and up
5-Day Heart of England Tour from London: North Wales, Stratford-upon-Avon...
More attraction details
Owner description: The highest mountain in Wales (higher than any in England) at 3,560 feet.
Keene, New Hampshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome, unforgettable hike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I hiked this on our recent trip to Wales. We took the Llanberis path (the easiest, yet longest). For overweight, out of shape 40-somethings, it took us 8 hours. That includes a one hour rest at the top. Amazing views, nice people, and great weather made this day special. Don't forget to put sunscreen on your legs. It is possible to get sunburned in Wales! No fee to hike, but there is a €4 fee to park in one of the lots.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We climbed Snowdon yesterday taking the llanberis path. It is meant to be the easier path but it is still very challenging. Myself and my husband are pretty fit and we found the final part of the walk pretty challenging! Once up there it is very impressive and I really enjoyed the walk. We took food and drinks with us and Iam glad we did as the cafe isn't that good. The views are amazing and the walk down is easier. Remember to take a jumper as it is cold at the top.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“We climbed a Mountain! Lovely day and beautiful views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We recently climbed Snowdon during a week long break staying near Lake Bala. We took what we had been told was the easy route, the Llanberis Path. We used parking next to the hotel and followed the signs to the "Snowdon paths" we are fairly fit and do a lot of walking and I run but I still found this hard going, the road up to the start of the path is fairly steep and I had to stop before I actually started the climb! We took our Labrador with us and I am pleased we did as she helped me along the way, we had a few short stops and the halfway café was a welcome site before ploughing onto the next stage. In fact I would recommend this café over the one at the top of the Mount. The view at the top is worth every ache and we were very lucky with the view as it was a crystal clear day, but don't be fooled by the weather, we were walking in t-shirts but I am pleased that I had taken a hoody as the summit is cold and v windy. It was slightly frustrating that the steps up to the mount and the summit get so busy when the train pulls in and people don't wait their turn, after the climb you do feel a bit of a grudge to those who are stomping past you in flip flops (from the train), you cant take dogs into the café at the top and there is not a lot to choose from after a hard walk but we took our tea and a sausage roll and sat round the side of the café and admired the view before our walk back down, do not underestimate the walk back either, its hard on the knees and shins (as you can probably tell I am not a hill or mountain walker!), would definitely recommend proper walking boots, but for all my grumbles it was completely worth it and I am so so pleased I made it to the top, would 100% recommend it.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Sammi V
Leicester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Welcome to the lap of the Gods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

If you love hiking then you will love Snowdon! The Pyg Track offers just the right level of difficulty to test you a wee bit at the end and give you a sense of achievement on reaching the summit!

1 Thank Ojman
London, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Forecast letdown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The only reason I score this 4 out of 5 is that despite the weather forecast, there were low hanging clouds obstructing the view. Was absolutely gutted but the whole experience was amazing regardless.

1 Thank dutchbunny