“Loved our Stay!”
Review of Colwyn Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beddgelert
Colwyn Guest House
Ranked #5 of 11 Beddgelert B&B and Inns
Bury, United Kingdom
“Loved our Stay!”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Very welcoming and its like a home from home feeling at the guest house.
It was our first weekend holiday break where we have taken our 2 dogs and they loved it too!
Colleen and keith both lovely people and the breakfast was very impressive and filling (set us up for the day)
I have been to Beddgelert before a few years ago camping and wanted to show my partner the beautiful sites including gelerts grave.
The pub next door prince Lewlyns was just as pleasant with excellent food, plus dogs are allowed off the the leads and to relax with everyone else.

It was an all round very pleasant stay and we thank Colleen and Keith for the wonderful experience and I feel we will come back again maybe int he summer time to tackle Snowdon!

Highly recommend especially if you have doggies! They are spoilt with affection

Adam & Shaun with Venus and Archie :)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2012

The interior is decorated to quite a high standard, really friendly people running the place, very good breakfast, three of our friends dropped in to plan the day and they were welcomed offered tea and toast without any hesitation, all you could wish for in a B&B.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
England
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed with friends for two nights on a walking trip. Colleen, the owner, is warm and friendly and gave us a welcome to match. Staying in someone else's home can be a little awkward but not here. Colleen gave us our own room/house keys and we were able to come and go as we pleased and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The rooms aren't large but perfectly clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and there are plenty of good places for lunch and dinner right on the doorstep. We will definitely stay at Colwyn House on our next visit to Beddgelert.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stonier
south east
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My daughter and I knocked on the door of this guesthouse one August evening while were staying at the nearby youth hostel in the hope of finding somewhere to stay for the following night with a few more home comforts. The owner, Colleen was extremely friendly and even gave us the key on the spot, saying we could just return the next morning with our luggage- very trusting. The room was pleasant and comfortable with a beautiful view of the bridge and the rushing river in the lovely village of Beddgelert. The breakfast was very good and the owner went out of her way to be helpful. We ate at the Tanronnen Inn across the way. This is one of the nicest guest houses I have stayed in and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front for the view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Harlow, Essex
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My first visit to Wales and I've come away with wonderful memories. On arrival at this B&B we were welcomed with such warmth. The house has a wonderful friendly feel of it's own as is reflected by Colleen it's owner. Immaculately clean given the 'animal' friendly status, going on previous places I have visited with this status. Our room was at the front of the building on the 2nd floor, bright and airy and the windows opened much to my delight, I prefer to sleep with air circulating. I could hear the river running by and it gave a wonderful peaceful mood to settling down for the evening. Breakfast the next morning was provided and was a full cooked special all sourced locally, from the pork and leek sausages down to the lovely deep yellow yolk hens eggs from the local farm. The villiage of Beddgelert is charming and atmospheric with spectacular views and friendly people. For a perfect centrally located holiday in Snowdonia/North Wales you would be hard put to beat this!
Thanks Colleen - it was worth the drive and hope to see you again soon :o) Lynne

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynne B
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

After a very stressful time at work Colleen welcomed me in to this idyllic guest house. She has got to be one of the most charming women on earth and a wonderful stay in a fabulous room in a gorgeous village. My view was the bridge and river and it was cream come true. Thank you so much. Andy

Room Tip: If you have a dog you are welcome - how cool! My Springer Spaniel "Pepper" loved it!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst walking in Snowdonia, my partner and I had no complaints at all the owner was very welcoming and nothing seemed to be to much hassle.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beddgelert
Royal Goat Hotel
#1 of 1 in Penmaenpool
Plas Tan y Graig
Plas Tan y Graig
#2 of 11 in Beddgelert

Been to Colwyn Guest House? Share your experiences!