“A great base to explore the quieter side of Snowdon”
Review of Plas Gwyn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beddgelert
Plas Gwyn
Ranked #6 of 11 Beddgelert B&B and Inns
“A great base to explore the quieter side of Snowdon”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a great long weekend in Beddgelert, staying at Plas Gwyn for 3 nights.

Brian was very quick to respond to my initial inquiry, and to all future emails that I sent him, including providing details of the available parking options (there's a handy little free car park just up the road).

The welcome you receive is warm, friendly and informative, Brian is keen to offer any help or guidance you need on walking and on the area in general, and has a large selection of books and maps which he offers freely for use by guests.

We stayed in Room 2, with a lovely view over Moel Hebog, and looking down over the pretty river and bridge. Although the room is overlooking the road, and there are pubs either side, there was very little noise, and what little noise you could hear from the river was nice and relaxing.

The room was very comfortable, plenty of storage space with a soft, cosy bed and a small TV. The en-suite is small, but was sufficient for our needs, the only slight downside was the water pressure in the shower which was a little low, but not a huge problem.

Phone signal reception is not great in this area, at least not on O2 (can't say about other networks), but Plas Gwyn does have WiFi available, which is a bonus.

Breakfast was great, lovely sausages and bacon from a butcher in Caernarfon, and as much cereal, tea / coffee and toast as you can stomach. And plenty of fruit if you feel like it.

The drying room is handy, and was useful due to the usual mix of Snowdonia weather that we encountered (sorry you didn't get much sun on your birthday weekend Brian!!).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights while doing some walking in the area. The host Brian was most welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. Well armed with all the local maps and walking guides. Great breakfasts, tasty packed lunches and the drying room is a useful touch.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at Plas Gwyn for 2 nights. We were warmly welcomed by Brian who gave us plenty of useful and interesting information about the area, and served the most delicious breakfast. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable and well-stocked with tea and coffee. Beddgelert is a delightful village with fabulous mountain views and within easy reach of Snowdon. We very much hope to return to this beautiful area and look forward to staying at Plas Gwyn again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My daughter and her fellow Girl Guiding Rangers and leaders were camping near here for a weekend, so that they could climb Snowdon. Having never camped before, I was in no hurry to join them, so took the more comfortable option of a Bed and Breakfast stay. I found Plas Gwyn on the internet and emailed Brian, the owner, to ask if he had a single room and he replied at once and the booking was straightforward. I arrived early evening and met Brian, who greeted me warmly and gave me advice on good places to eat in Beddgelert. I stayed in room 1, which was comfortable, clean and spacious enough for my needs. It had tea and coffee making facilities and biscuits and the bathroom/shower room, that I shared with one other single room was large and once again very clean. Breakfast was excellent as there was a choice of cereals, juice, fresh fruit, full cooked breakfast and a never ending supply of toast and coffee and tea. Brian was an excellent host and was able to give guests good advice on climbing Snowdon and on other local attractions. As I was due to meet up with my group on the Sunday morning, to start our journey home, Brian allowed me use of the guest lounge until they arrived. All in all an excellent weekend and I would certainly recommend Plas Gwyn to anyone. Hopefully we will be able to return later in the summer, if Brian has any spare rooms. Thank you Brian.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at Plas Gwyn for two nights during a recent trip to Wales. There was no onsite parking, but we were able to park on the street with no problem. Brian was very accommodating, and helpful in planning our time in Snowdonia. The breakfast was great and we had a beautiful room. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen O
Clarkesville, Georgia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The room was great, the bathroom small, and the breakfast great. Actually, the small bathroom didn't matter because everything else was fine.

Brian is a gracious host and was very informed and helpful when it came to helping me plan out a photography walk (in search of bluebells to photograph).

We would certainly stay here if we happened back to Beddgelert!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I would highly recommend a stay at the Plas Gwyn B&B in Beddgelert. Brian is a wonderful host and the town itself is highly recommended if you like nice hikes in a beautiful mountain setting. I found the Plas Gwyn through the Rick Steves guidebook and setting up a reservation with Brian via email. Brian was very helpful prior to my arrival, including providing estimates on the driving time back to Heathrow. I was the only person staying during my one night mid-week in September. Brian provided excellent advice on things to do and see in Beddgelert and the surrounding areas. The B&B itself is very nice - the rooms are clean and provide plenty of room. Brian also provides an excellent breakfast and conversation. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eric L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beddgelert
Royal Goat Hotel
#2 of 11 in Beddgelert
Sygun Fawr Country House
Sygun Fawr Country House
#1 of 11 in Beddgelert

Been to Plas Gwyn? Share your experiences!