This wonderful retreat is just 15 minutes walk from the village (though you might not want to walk it if its frosty as the last bit is steep and could be slippery). As soon as you walk in it has a warm cosy feel - very important in a wet November. And the welcome of the staff is just as friendly. I loved my room overlooking the owners own (not very pretty) house. It was spacious and I wished that I had made more use of the sofa. No TV, which was no hardship. A very nicely appointed en-suite bathroom with a shower. In the public areas, the underfloor heated conservatory was a comfortable place to relax and have a drink. The wifi signal was good here- not so good in my room so you might want to check signal strength if this is important to have in your room.
There was a separate cosy sitting room for residents, too. We only had one evening meal but it was excellent in all respects - up to Good Food Guide standards - and reasonably priced. The breakfasts were also excellent with a wide range of options and good quality produce.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sygun Fawr is located in the heart of North Wales' beautiful Snowdonia National Park, just a short walk away from the picturesque village of Beddgelert.Set within 22 acres of mountainside and gardens, peace and tranquillity are assured at this ultimate mountain retreat offering an idyllic setting for exploring the magnificent natural beauty and the dramatic scenery of North Wales' coasts and mountains.Located in an unrivalled position our style is relaxed, friendly and informal and is the ideal base for walking, mountain biking, relaxing or touring the nearby castles and historical sites. There is something to suit all tastes in this beautiful part of Wales.Nestled into the hillside and built of solid stone, Sygun Fawr has exposed walls, oak beams and inglenooks, which all add to the traditional character, ambience and atmosphere of this unique country house.We offer bed and breakfast with the option of dinner and have a residential licence - our restaurant has featured in the Michelin Guide for 5 consecutive years. We aim to make your visit as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Sygun Fawr has a home from home atmosphere and we are sure that you will enjoy your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Sygun Fawr Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sygun Fawr Country House Hotel Beddgelert
- Sygun Fawr Country House Beddgelert, Snowdonia National Park