“Exciting”
Review of Sygun Copper Mine

Sygun Copper Mine
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We found the mines very interesting,you take yourself through the caves and explore the cavern's,one thing with this mine is that you must be able bodied to visit and explore fully.

All reviews
"lakeside walk"
"information points"
"push button"

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very interesting and informative, and good fun. I got there early for opening at 9.30 and got 10% discount with their leaflet, so I went around on my own. The stairs were a bit of a task but its all part of the experience.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Good, informative trip through the old Copper mine. No guide provided, all information given by recordings at different stops throughout the mine. Will take about 40 minutes to go through at a leisurely pace BE AWARE that there are approx. 180 steps to climb inside (optional for the full trip) They are not all climbed in one go! There are water drips from the roof, so don't wear good clothing in case! Stout footwear is recommended. There is a café where you can purchase refreshments, buy souvenirs and look round the museum. The staff we encountered was very knowledgeable. All in all a good excursion.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visiting the area with our family we decided to take advantage of the different attractions available. We did want to go to the Electric Mountain but due to having an 8 month old baby we were unable to. We saw the Copper Mine and decided to give it a go. Donning our hard hats and carrying the baby in out arms we entered the mine. Although low ceilings and very wet all was fine, it was when we got to the sign mentioning 186 steps that I got concerned but decided to carry on as we had paid our money we wanted to get full use.

Now steps I can handle, what I couldn't was slippery, steep see through steps. My husband carried our baby due to me being petrified of heights but both finding it very difficult to see the steps.

Although the attractions states for all ages I would categorically say DONT TAKE SMALL CHILDREN!!!! The thought of one of us slipping on the steps and falling with the baby have put me off going into these sorts of places again.

2  Thank CHollings
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were warned well in advance that we would have to climb 186 steps to get out of the mine, the saving grace being that we didn't have to climb them all at once. Our way around was well lit, and there were buttons to press for commentary on what used to happen at the point at which we were standing. It was all very interesting, and colourful, but I'm afraid my main focus was on all those stairs. It's true that it's not a run of 186 steps, but what it is is several runs of about 25 steep steps, with only a small amount of space in which to rest before tackling the next set. This is definitely not a trip for the unfit or the faint-hearted. Once outside the mine, the views over the valley are fantastic, and it was well worth all that exercise just for that. Sygun is not just about the mine. There is a cafe, where children can paint plaster animals and such; a gift shop and museum; an outside play area for children, and walks up the mountain or along the valley bottom. Well worth stopping off for an hour or so.