“Great B&B.”

Ranked #20 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great B&B.”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Just spent three days at Bod Gwynedd guest house. Excellent host’s very comfortable and clean room with a great big bed, power shower and an excellent Breakfast.
This is what makes a really Great B&B.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Cardiff
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Beautiful location, very close to the mountains and small villages.

The hotel is run by a very friendly couple and is spotlessly clean. Rooms are just right for a short stay and you can get around easily from this location.

The breakfast is lovely and you have a nice choice on offer.

I would definitely come back to this B&B when in North Wales in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank CCFCBluebirds
Matlock Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about Bod Gwynedd and their owners, Beverley and Joe. My husband and I and another couple stayed here for 2 days in September and it was a perfect place from which to explore Wales. Joe accommodated my gluten-free dietary needs in a spectacular way and I am still dreaming about the GF Brownies. I left my jumper in the room when we left and Bev very kindly posted it back to me. This home is lovely and the rooms are very comfortable and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in Wales.
The service we received was the Best.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ged s
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Great Recommendation

We booked on a recommendation from a friend. Everything they told us about this place was spot on, from the friendly owners to the wonderful breakfast. Bev kindly booked the restaurants for us to make sure we got a table. We had room 5 and found it to be spotless clean and had a really comfortable bed. The Village is a short walk and has some great places to eat and some wonderful Forrest walks. I have just booked a stay to bring my family for the Bank Holiday break. We are doing Snowdon this time as the weather got the better of us last year. This is the best B&B I have every stayed in and like my friend I would defiantly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Martin W
manchester
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at this b&b last year in august with my partner at the time and i had previously spent the weekend before in Ireland and i have to say that Ireland was a complete joke in comparison to Wales! If i talk about the two countries in football terms then i would describe Wales as Messi and Ireland as Bobby Zamora. Wales was just a brilliant place to be and this b&b was great. The hostess was great, she did everything for me. I cant quite remember her name but i think it was Barry which is quite a peculiar name for a woman if you ask me! But putting the hostesses name aside this place was the perfect getaway and i highly recommend it over ireland!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampshire, England
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Brilliant place to stay. Bev is the perfect, thoroughly professional host. The house was friendly and comfortable, and spotlessly clean.

It's a short walk from the centre of town. Though it is on the A5 you can park outside the front door – and we weren't bothered by traffic noise in the slightest.

And Betws-y-Coed is a lively small town, with a good selection of restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Though, as I wrote, traffic noise wasn't an issue, you might prefer a room at the back of the ho...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hull, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 January 2014

After a very long drive from Exmouth to Wales, we received a really warm welcome from Bev and a very much appreciated hot drink, even though it was 10pm! This guest house has a very homely feeling and we were made to feel that nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was super and plenty to set you up for an active day ahead. Perfect location for Snowdon and Joe was able to give us lots of helpful information to plan the day and weather updates really useful.

Friendly hosts, comfortable room and super, super clean. What's not to like?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends