“Adrenaline Experience”
Review of Zip World Fforest

Zip World Fforest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Formerly Tree Top Adventure, the Zip World Fforest site is Zip World's most recent acquisition. It offers an idyllic woodland setting for all your adventurous wishes. Enjoy a journey through the canopy of the trees on Zip Safari, opening 24th March 2016, or bounce and explore to your hearts content on Tree Top Nets, opening 23rd July 2016. Free fall from up high on Plummet or sore over the tree tops on the giant five seater swing, Skyride. The Junior Tree Trail will also keep any little adventures busy! After all that adventure, why not relax, re fuel and watch the action from Zip World Fforest Caffi.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The booking system was easy and when I emailed to check some details, the response was swift and covered everything I needed.
When we got there the staff were very friendly and got us kitted up with all safety equipment and we took a short uphill walk to the start of the course. The instructions were clear and we were asked to let those who thought they would be faster around the course to go first.
You get to do a practice loop first which covers many of the obstacles which I think are a bit closer to the ground, the instructor then makes sure you are happy before moving on to the main course.
You are always safe and attached to the safety line above via the harness but this does not detract from the fact that you are up to almost 12 meters above the ground balancing on a log or rope trying not to get hit in the head by hanging obstacles!
We enjoy a good action packed, adrenaline fueled activity and thought this may be quite tame, but was looking for something different, however this was great fun and definitely adrenaline fueled.
There were children around late primary / secondary school age that managed the course well and seemed to enjoy themselves as well as adults.
I do recommend walking shoes as the 'ridges' on the soles provide somewhere for the rope to sit - made me feel a bit safer! But I did also see people doing it in trainers.
A well recommended day out for groups / families and couples alike. Go, you won't be disappointed (unless you don't like heights!)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Really great day out for the whole family. Unfortunetly whilst doing the course I was stuck behind some slow people who were new to this experience and where quite scared, this slowed down my time and I was waiting for the people infront of me to finish the obstacle they were on. If I had been infront of these people, I would have enjoyed the experience more, but it was still very good! This is a really fun thing to do on a sunny/rainy day with lots of adrenaline! Staff are friendly and the equipment is supplied for you. Definitely reccomend it! Will be going again! Just as good as Go Ape, only alot cheaper!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Amazing, especially the swing. Great group activities, beautiful setting. Rope walk, sky fall and swing done in about 3 hours for a large group. Very good value. Barry and Millie very friendly.

Jason M, General Manager at Zip World Fforest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are glad that you had a good day here. I have passed your comments onto Millie and Bari and gave them a whole minute off to bask in their own glory :)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We visited tree tops adventure on a whim after finding Go Ape was closed and were definitely not disappointed - from the suspended obstacle course to the 31 metre sky fall, we were guided through excitement, terror and pure exhilaration by our excellent guide Brad - nothing was too much trouble for him and it made our day a truly memorable experience. The pièce de rèsistance was the free fall swing which we were lucky enough to have two goes on. Utterly brilliant. We would recommend this attraction to anyone. Thanks again for a great day.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I went to this attraction with my son and his 3 children (16, 13, 4). The 2 teenagers were quite independent scrambling up into the heights but my 4 year old grandson had his fears to overcome on the lower course. Our guide, Bradley, was superb in handling the little one. He encouraged him but didn't push. He was extremely patient and after a while managed to calm little Adrian and give him enough encouragement to continue on. At the end of the course, my grandson said he wanted to do it again and so off he went to complete the second run almost entirely on his own, with very little fear at all even of the zip wire. Thank you Bradley!

1  Thank j w

Thank you for your comments, I have also passed this onto Bradley and we are currently looking for a badge that says Super Guide for him :)

It is always rewarding to see how the children overcome their initial fears and then become quickly independent on the course.