“Fun day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zip World Fforest

Zip World Fforest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Formerly Tree Top Adventure, the Zip World Fforest site is Zip World's most recent acquisition. It offers an idyllic woodland setting for all your adventurous wishes. Enjoy a journey through the canopy of the trees on Zip Safari, opening 24th March 2016, or bounce and explore to your hearts content on Tree Top Nets, opening 23rd July 2016. Free fall from up high on Plummet or sore over the tree tops on the giant five seater swing, Skyride. The Junior Tree Trail will also keep any little adventures busy! After all that adventure, why not relax, re fuel and watch the action from Zip World Fforest Caffi.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Good day out with the children if they don't mind heights we did the adventure course and had two children both aged 10 one loved it one hated it, it is a bit nerve racking going around but overall a good day, staff where friendly and encouraging, fab day out, I'd advise to ring and book as had a few problems booking online

Walsall, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Could be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This experience did not start well we was told to get there 30 minutes before our actives started which I thought would be because of the health & safety talk we would need before we started this wasn't the the case as 40 minutes later we were still waiting then after our long wait The organisation of the safety briefing was shocking for something as important as this. This may seem a bit over the top but it's true when someone is telling you how to put a harness on & telling you the dos & don'ts when your going to be taking your children on the junior trail you don't expect another group of people to walk straight though the middle of your briefing causing you to miss important information. The junior trail was great fun for the children but be aware they do require an adult to accompany your child & there is one point of this coarse that would be very hard for an adult that is not very flexible I think that's the best way to describe it but as they don't tell you this until your standing right next to it, when they've conveniently had your money already. The other activity we had planed was the skyride which looks great but as we were waiting 30min we worked it out that it would of taken another hour to get onto it so decided not to bother. For relative easy ride they could at least have one instructor to get people onto it and another to get the harness on to the next group at least that would cut down the waiting times. Also while we were waiting they had ran out of helmets & came round asking for them back when your meant to keep them on at all times or so we was told. I would off only given these a three star anyway but as I believe the organisation & safety aspects are so important & they defiantly do not come up to standard they only get the two from me.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Gaye T
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Not the best experience ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Tried to book tickets online, first link on website went to page not found, other links to appalling online booking system did work but it made no sense so in the end called. Explained the issue and girl admitted customers have had difficulty with it and mostly book via phone, then I was advised of the £1.50 booking fee. Advised to turn up 30 mins prior to the start of my booking. We did. Booking was wrong but accepted it. I filled out a form and then had to wait for over half an hr as the instructor was late despite seeing him in the staff room just sat down. So we were 15 mins late starting. Briefing started then another instructor took another group straight through ours so we couldn't hear and had to move and start again. The junior trail was good once we got on it, my lad really enjoyed it.
Booked the Skyride, got told to go up and see the instructor but there was a queue which was fine until I saw how long it took per go, did the maths and worked out we'd be stood there for an hr so after 30 mins just left. We booked! Why not call us or have another instructor getting people ready while others are on the ride. Disorganised, a bit unprofessional, booking system flawed, expensive for what it is but Junior trail great. Can't recommend it.

Jason M, General Manager at Zip World Fforest, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Paul P

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write your review. I will try and respond to all your comments in order, Obviously not knowing the actual date of your time with us and only just finding out about it on here i can only make generic comments. I do not apologise for the length of the reply as I felt that you needed an informed reply.
The booking system we use is normally a very useful and functioning tool for most who book this way, however it has been reported that at times when clicking on the 'Book now' tab on the home page it goes to a page saying 'error 404', we have spoken to our providers and they are addressing this glitch.
We ask all customers to arrive 30 mins prior to the actual start time so that we can process everybody and start as promptly as possible. This has not happened in the past and individuals and groups would turn up either at the allotted time or late and further delay those already here. Late arrivals now are deemed a no show (as per our T & C's), and this has improved the punctuality of the start times.
Although the instructor that you saw in the staff room might have been your instructor that does not necessarily mean that he was actually down to initially lead your session. All our instructors require breaks and downtime so that they remain alert and able to safely look after you our customers. That particular instructor might have been allocated to another session, but due to the nature of our business the allotted instructor might still have been dealing with another group so we probably changed session leaders.
In regards to the briefing being interrupted, I will inform all staff about what you experienced and try to understand how this happened. Both groups although in the same vicinity get kitted up in two separate areas, the only time that they do mix is potentially when we try and take the juniors through a little earlier that the Adventure course and because there is normally several adults either accompanying them or just supporting, they do then tend to spill out as the adventure course then come through. I will look at this today as we take groups through and make instructors aware, if you had asked them to repeat any information that you think you had missed i am sure they would have happily repeated it.
The SkyRide is not booked as a time slot as you are aware and runs for all after the end of each adventure course or junior session, there is unfortunately a waiting period as per any sort of ride at an attraction.
I am sorry that your experience fell below expectations for both you and us, we constantly strive to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for all our customers and friends here at TTA. I will address the points i mentioned here and hope that if you return again you will have a positive experience much like the vast majority of others.
Regards
Jason
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Skyride!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a morning here with family doing all three of the activities. The ropes course was fun and one of the better courses I've done. The powerfan plummet was a little disappointing, but I think that was probably because it was the one activity I was really building up to and so had the highest expectation for. Saying that, it wasn't bad, just, not as exciting as I had hoped.
On the other hand the sky ride was fantastic! I highly recommend it, it's just a shame it takes best part of 20 minutes to get kitted up and strapped in, and you're only swinging for a minute or two- but I suppose that's part of the course with any outdoor/adventure activity.
All the staff were great; very friendly and helpful.
Overall it was a good morning and not too badly overpriced.

Hi Danielle F

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Most of our customers are equally surprised about the experience on the SkyRide, it is something that has to be experienced and felt rather than watched to truly understand it.

In regards to the kitting up and strapping in process, it is something that we are working on to improve. Ultimately safety is our priority. The current harnesses used for the Adventure Course and PowerFan plummet are not compatible for the SkyRide and therefore the process of removing these and putting on sit and chest harness are time consuming.
We are working with a manufacturer of harnesses to design something that would either be compatible for all our activities as well as looking how we attached individuals to the ride itself.
Derby, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Kids Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Tree Top Adventure, near Betws y Coed, Snowdonia. The grandkids, 10 and 8, together with their dad thoroughly enjoyed themselves. High up in the trees, you need a head for heights, I stayed on the ground, too old,thats my excuse. Balancing on tightropes,swinging on rocking platforms,zipping down the wire, and finally jumping off a very high tree to the ground, all very safe as you are attached to a harness. The 8 yr old whizzed round like a monkey, no fear.
A tad expensive at £75 for 2 kids and 1 adult, but cheaper than the zip wires at Blaenau Ffestiniog, which was £200 for 2 adults 2 kids.

Visited July 2014