“Does not fail to impress”

Tan Dinas Country House
Ranked #1 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Wow, second visit to this wonderful secluded house. thought that our first visit was second to none and it couldn't get any better but John and Eileen didn't fail to top this. They were more than welcoming , making us feel right at home . The cleanliness is outstanding along with the breakfast,just what we needed for a days walking, the only let down was the weather if only they could have ordered warmth and sun but this did not reflect the warm hospitality given to us both.

• Stayed: October 2013
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thanks for another lovely review. What a shame the weather was poor - the only thing we can't control, pity really, as although we love the rain which makes Snowdonia so magnificent, we would have given you some sunshine for your walk up Snowdon ! See you soon, we hope.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Amazing place, amazing location and views but above all, amazing hosts. This is a fantastic place to stay, but the stand out fact is that John and Eileen are exceptional hosts. John's breakfast is by far the best food I have ever eaten in a hotel/B&B and I wish I could have stayed longer and eaten everything on the menu. Eileen's knowledge of the local area and Snowdonia is second to none, offering advice for walks and other places to eat and visit.
The room was perfect, a good size, ample storage, lovely and warm, with everything you need, including fresh milk in the fridge and a good hairdryer for the Mrs!! There is a large car park and only a 5 minute stroll down the hill into the village.
Betws-y-Coed is a perfect base if you are looking to visit the area and if you are looking for a room anywhere in North Wales, don't waste your time looking around, I promise you will not be disappointed. We will certainly be back and will make sure our friends come too.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment, all rooms are nice but try to get one with a view over the valle...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for such an informative review. Holidays mean alot to us all and John and I always try and ensure our guests get the best we can offer. It's nice when it is appreciated. Please do come again and enjoy another of Johns breakfast delights, another day out in beautiful Snowdonia and another day here on which we can try and spoil you.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Thanks to the warm welcome we received on arrival we immediately felt at home. Eileen was just wonderful and Johns breakfast was unsupassed. The porridge was 5* with double cream and Manuka honey. I would advise anyone thinking of booking to just go ahead, you wont be disappointed. The room we stayed in was lovely, spotlessly clean and so comfortable. Eileen and John know how to run a B&B, in fact they could teach masterclasses!

Room Tip: We had Willow room which was lovely but I'm sure all the rooms are to the same high standard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for your wonderful compliments. After running 2 B&B for 15 years we hope we have learned something. It was really very nice to have you stay and we are pleased you enjoyed yourselves and our home. Thank you. Thanks also for taking time to write a review. We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

What a fabulous place to stay! Up the hill overlooking the sheep and green fields and nestled amongst all the trees. Our room was warm and cosy the the breakfast choice is fantastic!
Friendly host and hostess, could not recommend highly enough.
We love it :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

John and I were delighted to see you and your lovely family here again and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your second visit as much as your first. We agree wholeheartedly that our views are certainly amazing and location one of the best in Snowdonia. Thank you for returning and for writing a review.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Eileen and John are great hosts and went out of their way to ensure I had a great stay. Eileen gave me some great tips on what to do & John cooks an amazing breakfast. The views from the house are stunning. It is a short work to the town centre and some of the good hikes. Would definitely recommend this place

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

It was lovely to share our home with you. So much fun was enjoyed at breakfast ! You certainly made the most of your weeks stay and tried many of the activities available, but there are still plenty left if you fancy coming again. John will always be happy to make you your favourite smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Thanks for writing a review.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We spent a couple of nights here in mid October. What a gem! A short walk from the village centre a a great outlook. The entire ambiance was of being welcomed into someone's home and we enjoyed great breakfasts which set us up for the say ahead. Our last brass fast set us up for a wonderful walk up Snowdon on a glorious October day! As a relative newcomer to B&B this was great and I am sure we'll return.

Stayed: October 2013

Well Done for reaching the summit of Snowdon - it's a great achievement and something to remember, however, here in Snowdonia we do have many more amazing mountains to conquer. Hope to see you again soon. Your review was much appreciated.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have tried hard to find fault but I cannot. As a lone traveller I look for comfort and a warm welcome on my return from time spent exploring the hills and valleys with my camera. This is totally fulfilled by Eileen and John ~ which is why I come back.
I searched thoroughly on-line before my first visit and what a gem I found ~ Tan Dinas is beautifully situated in the forest but with easy access to some lovely restaurants in which to pass the evenings.
My rooms have been extremely comfortable with cool sheets on my bed and warm fluffy towels after my showers. With all the little touches that make the experience complete. And there's real milk in my fridge for my real tea. The breakfasts are second to none (thanks John).
Parking is trouble free on the property (always an added bonus).
As I live in quiet countryside myself ~ it's just like being at home but better as I don't have to do the cooking or the washing up.
CHEERS for Tan Dinas !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

How nice it was to welcome you back to our home and help you find all the beautiful local places you wished to photograph. We agree that those little extras do help make guests stay just a bit more comfortable and we are happy you enjoyed them. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.