“Another great meal.”

Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I'm compelled to write another review for the Bistro as it is really good.
We now come here every year after the Ras Yr Wyddfa (Snowdon Race). My partner's Dad runs in the race and he wants to eat well after the race. This also means that he doesn't drink so he drives and we all get a bit merry!
All I can say is that it didn't disappoint, again. I find it difficult to choose so I went for the Trio of Lamb. This is a selection of lamb cooked and served in different ways; Roast Rack, Braised Shank and Fritter. The braised lamb was incredible, never before have I had such succulent lamb (the others were good too). As a side dish I had vegetables and they were real vegetables, not mini carrots or any rubbish like that.
After the table was cleared we were presented with mini homemade Welsh cakes and chocolate.

1  Thank BiarritzTaxi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Title says it all! Brilliant food, excellent service at reasonable prices in a gorgeous setting. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

my wife and I arrived in Betws on the 18th,August,after a 5 hour drive,so we popped into the Bistro for afternoon tea,after reading some good reveiws.We decided to book for dinner for that evening at 19.00,there was no room in the main restaurant,but they could put us into the small adjacent room,which was ok with us.We arrived at 18.45,to be told there was no booking,the afternoon staff made a mistake and booked us in on the 19th.the young female in charge offered no apology,no suggestion that we could be put on a table of a later diner.NOTHING.

6  Thank robert282
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Make sure you book and don't turn up hoping to walk in. Varied menu, all the meals we ordered we well presented, tasted great for adults and children alike from the main menu and specials.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Just visited betws y coed and called in at the Bistro for an evening meal, was very good.
Food and service of a very high standard, with a nice atmosphere.Will call again when in the area

1  Thank mrbusy