“Reaaally good food”

Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

A warm welcome in a traditional country pub.
Huge portions of very well cooked homemade food.
Ribeye steak cooked to perfection as was the pie and lamb shanks which were enjoyed by family members.
A lovely looking menu. Must mention the homemade chunky chips too.
Dog friendly.
Will definitely return...

2  Thank Jo H

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went on a Tuesday night, we got there just in time for food but it wasn't an issue, food was all homemade came pretty quickly and was great! We couldn't eat all of it but it was great, good prices, beer was cheap and service was awesome! Will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Beth K
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had tried the village of Betwys y Coed and everywhere was full up. I remember seeing this place as we passed. Firstly, they let our small dog in which was great. Two of us ordered the lamb shank which was totally gorgeous sever with three veg and creamy mash, my greedy hubby also ordered cheesy fries which would have served four. Our very fussy 14 year old ordered Lasagne and chips and demolished the lot. He then ordered the chocolate brownie and loved it. The staff were lovely and we were made to feel welcome. We are heading over that way again at the end of May and will definitely be visiting The Silver Fountain again. Prices were great too.

1  Thank Karrywags
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Went for food last night firstly it was freezing then gave in my order sausage and mash and onion gravy how wrong can you go ((very)) it came looked like packet mash gravy was packet the granules that hadn't melted gave it away and it had never met an onion. Then we ordered sweet which when delivered to the table sent a very clear message that the chef though I should diet it was barely there they messed up my husband's order then when the right one came it was huge (ok chef I get the message) my cutlery was dirty and when I went to pay the barmans finger nails looked like he had been gardening non stop for the last two weeks without washing. Never again

3  Thank sandoy944
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Nice staff, good pub grub, good large portions, sensible priced food, car parking at rear and not to busy. what else could you want!

1  Thank John L