“the perfect home from home...”

and 1 more site!
Glenwood Guest House
Ranked #6 of 46 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We found Glenwood by accident and were so glad we did! The rooms are fresh and clean and the owners, Marie and Said are friendly and helpful. We were served complementary tea and welsh cakes in the beautiful garden when we arrived and our breakfasts each morning, cooked by Marie's dad Fred, were out of this world. The produce used was fresh and lovely. I can't recommend this B&B enough! It is definitely 4* and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Thank you for a lovely week.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay. Clean, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Good quality food. Garage parking for bikes. Will be going back. Far enough out to avoid the crowds but still within walking distance of all amenities.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband & I have just spent a very relaxing & enjoyable weekend at The Glenwood, where nothing is too much trouble for the hosts Marie & Said. We were made to feel very welcome and at home in their beautifully looked after accommodation from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The super breakfasts were freshly cooked by Marie's dad (& they didn't even roll their eyes when I asked for a veggi breakfast, which I often get). I would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone wishing to stay in a first class B&B, surrounded by stunning countryside & looked after by two very friendly, helpful and attentive hosts. We will defiantly be back. (A big thank you to Marie who forwarded my husbands house keys to us after he left them behind on our departure & refused payment for the postage - restores my faith in humans!!)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean and well decorated, staff are really friendly and attentive, the breakfast was lovely, the location is bril as it is just a 2 minute walk from shops and restaurants. Would stop here again

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was a perfect base for our stay in Wales. Si was friendly and helpful, with a lot of local knowledge. The room was very clean and modern. The breakfast was fabulous - had to order what we wanted the night before from a large selection - the quality was great and just what we needed to start the day. I stayed with my four-year-old son and he was very well accommodated. The only downside would be it was further out of the village centre than I thought. Fortunately we stayed on the hottest day of the year with plenty of sun, so the complaints from my son for the walking there and back a few times were manageable. I would not have liked to have attempted the walk with him so many times had it been rainy, cold and or windy! If it had been less welcoming weather, the hotel was well equipped for young and old for indoor activities, with a lounge and selection of DVDs, etc. My son also enjoyed the range of outdoor games available in the lovely garden - football, swingball, basketball, badminton, etc. For myself, the only thing I noticed was that there was no full length mirror(!) Will stay again and happily recommend it to anyone :)

Room Tip: Phone the hotel and speak to Marie to give your specific requirements - she was very helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My third visit to Glenwood and definitely not my last! My husband and I stayed for three nights on a long weekend on our motorbikes, which were securely locked up in Glenwood's garage each night. Said greeted us on arrival like old friends, with tea and welsh cakes in the beautiful garden. There was no rush or pressure to get checked in and we felt at home immediately. Our room (6) had a vast double bed with beautiful linen and a spotless bathroom with excellent shower and tea and coffee tray. Breakfast cooked each morning by Marie's dad was delicious and fresh with a nice selection of cereals and fresh fruit on offer too. Marie and Said are keen to offer information about the local area if you need it. In fact, nothing is too much trouble. Betws is ideally located for exploring the whole of Snowdonia and North Wales and the roads are stunning for biking. I really can't recommend Glenwood highly enough. Thank you Marie and Said for another brilliant stay. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This family run B & B is a gem. We've just returned from a 6-night stay at the Glenwood and wished it could have been for longer. Marie and Said (and Marie's dad who cooks a great breakfast) are lovely people who made us so welcome, we can't thank them enough. They gave us lots of tips about places to visit and local walks so we did plenty of sightseeing and when I wanted a rest from driving, we just relaxed in their lovely garden and even then Marie and Said would pop out and offer us tea, coffee and soft drinks ... it was all perfect! Just to add that the Bodnant Gardens are terrific and Borth-y-Gest (near Porthmadog) was a great find. It has a quiet and pretty bay with a few ice-cream parlours and cafes but best of all is the walk along the coastal path where you'll find lovely sandy beaches with amazing views across to Harlech Castle.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends