“LOVELY”

Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Really good food and very very very friendly staff.Had a meal here after a day out at Snowdon with family. Most of us are involved in agricultural in one way or another, and it was fantastic to see that they use local home grown produce. Highly recommended. Thanks all at Ty Gwyn, and thanks for supporting your local farmers.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I booked a table, having read some of the reviews. For what we paid, we would have expected a much higher level of service from the staff. On entering, we were asked to pick a table, despite having previously booked a table the night before. The seats were very uncomfortable and the staff lacked the knowledge about the food. The food was well prepared, but the ambience was poor and quite slow. I would have expected to have proper napkind, rather than paper ones, for what we paid. Perhaps, I am being fussy...

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We arrived early for our meal fully expecting to wait but our table was ready and waiting.There are several different areas of the restaurant and we had a lovely table for two by the window. This was our wedding anniversary meal and it felt very special. The menu choice is large and some lovely and sometimes unusual combinations which were delicious. My lamb fillet starter and Dover soul with smoked giant prawns were delicious. My husband had scallops and sirloin steak with pepper sauce - also delicious. Maybe a touch too much pepper he said so be aware if you are not a huge pepper fan but otherwise amazing. The service was excellent - very attentive but not intrusive.
The only thing to be aware of is the difficulty of parking. A small parking area and then only on road parking on a very busy road. This didn't affect us as we walked but something to note?
Thank you for an amazing dining experience.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Attractive old looking pub just outside the village with quaint rooms full of character. Good choice menu ranging from sandwiches to full meals and some very good ales. We went at lunchtime and just wanted something light - my wife had a confit duck salad which was fine - I opted for a baguette. What arrived was a very large baguette - bordering on a small loaf which was impossible to get your mouth round. It was all bread and little content - In the end I discarded the baguette and just had the cheese with the accompanying salad. I have eaten here before and thought it was very good but I would avoid the baguette in future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Fantastically friendly and professional staff,especially welsh/french Celine!
Menu overpowering, so many choices, but all great. Could do with being easier to read, or split into fish/meat sections, or even just less options. Good value for money. Definitely would eat there again. Very cosy bar area.