“Brilliant B&B”

Ranked #11 of 48 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Kerry
“Brilliant B&B”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

From the warm welcome to the fond farewell and the excellent everything in between, this B&B is simply the best. Beautiful B&B, lovely rooms, comfy bed, great breakfast. Paul and Janette are wonderful hosts - it's like visiting old friends, only better - you don't have to wash up! I heartily recommend this B&B and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have just spent a great weekend here with friends and stayed in a twin room which was scrupulously clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable and there was bottled water/biscuits/chocolates and the usual tea and coffee facilities provided in the room.
The breakfast was superb and consisted of fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, full English and was finished off with deliciously warm welsh cakes. Jeanette offered to fill our flasks to take with us which kept us going throughout the day. Paul and Jeanette are exceptionally friendly and professional people who go that extra mile to make you feel so welcome. If I find myself looking for accommodation in the area again, I will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed in the cottage and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was cosy, clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. I was worried we'd be cold because of the time of year but the cottage had two heaters which quickly made it beautifully warm. The breakfast was great and very tasty. Paul and Jeanette were extremely welcoming and have a good local knowledge so were able to help us choose our route up Snowdon. They even made flasks for us!! We had a lovely time and would highly recommend Dolweunydd.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

my job has me travelling a lot now, I had to go to Manchester to deliver a very boring report to management who with their finger in the button would sit on my suggestions for another year - Delimma - do i book into the same expensive hotel, just down from Trafford stadium and be woken by football fans celebrating or otherwise and be greeted at breakfast with the pungent smell of stella and piggy eyes or do i go for a quiet relaxed night with a small drive in the morning (under one and half hours) from my secret escape?
Jeanette was there as allways with a smile, asking about the family, did I need any help - Paul echoing "you allright lad?", my room was one i hadnt stayed in before but very clean, warm, homely, it was getting late so ventured to the village for some supper (football at a minimun) on my return Paul met with a huge smile and a map, showing me some shortcuts for the morning and (just this once) he would prepare breakfast a bit earler, our secret, I declined but when i was ready to leave there he was with a bacon sandwich for my journey - SIMPLY THE BEST!

Room Tip: The area is fantastic with lots to see and do, this B&B should be everybody's base, the road...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed in the superior room for a night in mid-September and had such a good nights sleep that the both of us wish we could have booked another night there. The room was lovely; it had enough space for all of your things and it was cosy, warm and immaculately clean. It's also worth mentioning that the bed was probably the most comfiest bed I've slept in for a long while.
After a very good nights sleep, we both tucked into a tasty and filling breakfast, we didn't need lunch that day! The hosts Jeanette and Paul were lovely and they had excellent knowledge of the area so were able to suggest great places to visit and activities to experience.
The B&B itself is in a great location, only a short walk from into the village centre. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay, it looked great on the website but it still managed to exceed my expectations. When we're back visiting North Wales, we definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Dolweunydd for three nights in late September. Having booked our room somewhat randomly, we were not disappointed in any respect. The room was perfect: spacious, comfortable, and scrupulously clean, with a luxurious bed and gleaning en suite. Paul and Jeanette were friendly and helpful hosts throughout our stay and between them cooked a super breakfast: perfect for a day of walking in the mountains of Snowdonia. The solitary 'average' review this B&B received bears no relation to the experience we enjoyed, our experience appears to be widely shared by the other guests who have reviewed Dolweunydd. We certainly look forward to staying there again when further exploring beautiful North Wales.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had an brilliant time staying with janette and Paul! The room was beautiful, food was great and the hosts where superb! The location is perfect, during out stay we went out and went white water rafting and horseback riding which were both very close and easy to get to! It's a lovely short walk into the village were there are good variety of shops, restaurants and pubs. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back again!

• Stayed September 2013