“Grove House, a very special place to stay”
Review of Grove House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Betws-y-Coed
Grove House B&B
Ranked #24 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I love this place!! I come away and am thinking already of when I can return. It is warm and homley, and nothing is too much trouble for Emma and Huw. This is truly a home from home.
It is a perfect centre for visiting the many beauty spots that North Wales has to offer and the town itself is full of character.
The rooms are very comfortable and warm. As for the breakfast..first class!! Set me right up for the whole day.
I would not hesitate in recommending this establishment and look forward to visiting again really soon.
Thank you Huw and Emma.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy T

Reviewed 22 October 2013

When I wanted to come mountain biking in North Wales I contacted the local tourist information office and asked if they could point me in the direction of a B&B who could accommodate my bike and I, and a place where the owners knew something of the outdoor world (I have stayed in a lot of B&Bs over the years and owners sometimes resemble pot-bellied pigs!) I was told to try Grove House.

The owners, Emma and Huw, are certainly not typical B&B owners! They are very friendly, interesting, well travelled people who have no problem spending time with guests and giving help, and knowledge in spades! Huw clearly knows his outdoors. He bikes, climbs, walks and seems to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the area. When I came here I was harbouring a desire to have a stab at the Marin Trail, but I was slightly concerned that this may be beyond my meagre abilities. However Huw described the whole route to me in so much detail that I felt confident enough to tackle it! And I am so grateful that he took the time and trouble to share so much of his knowledge with me.

That is what B&B is all about for me. People. So many B&B owners think that the essence of B&B is a comfortable bed and a good breakfast. WRONG! I should be able to take those for granted (and there were no complaints on that score, I had a wonderful nights sleep and a delicious breakfast). But with most B&Bs that is where it stops. Thankfully not at Grove House.

When you stay in a B&B you are staying in someone's home. You can't expect it to compare with a hotel, and if you look for faults I'm sure you'll find them. My en-suite at Grove House was on the small side. But so what? I don't sleep in the toilet! What you don't get in a hotel is the wealth of knowledge and experience of the local area and even among B&Bs it is rare to find people who will take the time to share that knowledge with their guests so willingly.

Thank you Emma and Huw for sharing your home and your experience with me! It will not be the last time I stay with you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ian F
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed in Grove house by chance and what a lucky find it was. Without the local knowledge from the owners we would never have discovered what a wonderful place Betws-y-Coed is. After a hearty breakfast made with local produce we set off to explore. Thanks to Hugh we had an amazing day and grateful for the comfortable beds to home to. Will certainly return next year.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Doryfindsnemo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here this week-end and had a delightful stay,our bed was very comfortable and room nice and clean overlooking the front garden. We sat in the window of our room on two very nice chairs watching the world go by. Emma and Hew couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable and they are both very knowledgeable about the area. The breakfast was a good selection of cereals and a delicious cooked breakfast with big pot of tea or cafatierre of coffee . We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank neil922
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Huw and Emma were very welcoming and helpful, my room was tastefully furnished and my bed was very comfortable.

As I was mountain biking in the area, huw directed me to local trails and stored my bike for me in a secure place which helped give me some extra peace of mind.

Breakfast was available as early or late as I wanted and a good choice of cereals and traditional breakfast was offered in a pleasant dining area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank danielfisher9
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We had a lovely warm welcome, (after a bit of an eventful journey to betws y coed), our room was beautiful, warm & cosy. Huw & Emma know so much about the area and are very helpful with ideas of places to go to and the best way to get there. It was lovely to have the feeling of being in a family home and we had many great conversations with Huw. Breakfast was lovely. There was lots of choice and the food is all from the local area. Milk & biscuits so we can have a tea/coffee after being out on a walk all day, was really nice. Thankyou Huw & Emma, we had a great 5 days in betws.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank a s
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 2 nights in this very warm and welcoming b&b, having been up a very snowy cold snowdon we arrived to a lovely welcome from Huw and Emma and shown to our room after a nice chat about the area. The hosts are both very knowledgable about the area and are always willing to offer any info on walks etc. We were even given a map from Huw of a walk that he drew from memory, which was exact and a lovely walk around the lake at the top of betws y coed! Our room was very cosy and had fresh milk and biscuits everyday for when we returned from our walks. We have nothing bad to say about this b&b and we will return back. The breakfasts were lovely. Full English and or cereal/yogurts, fresh juice lovely!! Thank you Huw and Emma for a lovely break away!!

• Stayed: March 2013