Stayed here for one night whilst walking in the area and chose the hotel based on other reviews here and the photos on their website. Let me just say the the room I stayed in didn't look anything like the pictures.
Paid £93 for a deluxe room and was placed in one of the 'lodge' style rooms around the back. The lady on check-in was busy working away on her computer and totally ignore my entrance. I interrupted her by saying 'hello'.
The room itself was extremely worn, tired, dated and dirty. The bed looked like it had been made by a ten-year-old. The cistern leaked meaning I could hear it filling up all night.
Add to that the railway line that runs metres away from the rear - the first train came past at 6am on the dot.
No outdoor lighting meant getting to and from the car park at night was extremely difficult. Wifi didn't work at all. When I rang reception the lady said she knew but there was nothing she could do about it.
An utter dump. Avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WATERLOO HOTEL and STATIONS leisure complex is the ideal base for discovering the endless array of what beautiful North Wales and its coast has to offer..... mountain biking on the famous Marin trail, summiting the heights of mount Snowdon, sitting still and taking in the breath-taking scenery, adventure days caving or cannyoning, building sandcastles on one of the many golden beaches or leisurely strolls around lakes and woodland....there is something for everyone... and at the WATERLOO HOTEL our aim is to help you bring your holiday to life.............. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Waterloo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Betws y Coed
- Betws-y-Coed Best Western
- Waterloo Hotel Betws-y-Coed, Wales