“Nice hotel - Good location”
Review of Waterloo Hotel

Waterloo Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Betws-y-Coed
Cheshire
“Nice hotel - Good location”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend of 25th-26th January on a Groupon two night deal as we wanted somewhere with a pool.
We were put in a room in an annex type building behind the main hotel. The room was nice and clean, quiet and comfortable.
Each morning we used the pool for a swim before breakfast. The pool and facilities again were were really clean and located right at the side of the hotel.
Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of both hot and cold options.

All in all a very nice hotel, all the staff were very pleasant and in a good location for exploring the Snowdonia area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Just come back from staying for a weekend in the Waterloo lovely hotel very clean and comfortable breakfast was really good nice choices even cook to order food that's not already available leisure facilities excellent staff very helpfull location spot on only negativity was the wifi too slow would stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here at the end of the summer holidays in 2013. After reading mixed reviews, I was intrigued to see for myself what the hotel was like. After reading some of the reviews complaining about having to drive to your room I was expecting a 5 minute drive but it wasn't difficult or painful as some people make out it was less than a minute! Also a lot of people had said that the outside of the rooms looked like a cheap American motel, I could kind of see what they meant...but it was by no means so awful that it would ruin my stay, as I presume you are not there to just look at the outside of the building. When we got to our room I was amazed at how much space there was. We had a big bedroom with a lovely comfy bed and a skylight, a separate living area with a sofa and a tv and then a very modern bathroom off the living area. I found this a really nice idea as you didn't feel like you were couped up. The only thing that I picked at and believe me it was so minor that I wouldn't let it ruin my stay, was there was a cobweb in the corner of the bathroom, but that was all! We stayed in one of the refurbished rooms and we loved it, I can't comment on the other rooms as i didnt see them, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the room we booked. We used the pool on our first day there and the changing rooms are a bit tatty and dated but again I didn't let that bother me as I wasn't spending my time in the changing rooms, they were clean, it was more it just needs a bit of a refurb but other than that no problem. Anyway my reccomendation to anyone who is unsure about booking and also what room they will be getting is to phone them directly as I did this and the very polite lady on the phone was able to tell me where to look online at the room I would be staying in. So to sum up...lovely, comfy accommodation and great location (5-10 minute walk into the centre of bewtsycoed).

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rachael2489
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent hotel for anybody wishing to visit Snowdonia. Room was comfortable, staff friendly and welcoming, breakfast fab, and only a small walk into the town. Leisure facilities were good, although we did only use the pool and sauna. Would certainly use this hotel again if I were to visit the area again in future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank Philip H
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A wonderful place to have a christamas party, the staff were friendly and attentive nothing was to much trouble. Tha manager arranged everything and when we asked for extras she wa more than happy to accomadate us. The food was amazing and i must say plenty to go around, the waitresses and waiter were so good with us, and to be offered more gravy was a treat! wonderful evening and great great place. We will be back next year, thanks for a wondeful evening to all te staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bristol
Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was our second visit this year and we were not disappointed.
The welcome from staff is sincere, warm and welcoming. The hotel reception area had been revamped and provides a great entrance to the hotel.
We stayed in one of the rooms at the rear of the hotel and when we walked in we found a bright, clean and well laid out room with a super king bed, sofa and all necessaries.
We used the pool 9 with steam room & sauna) as well as the gym.
Breakfast was 7-30 till 1000 and was just perfect.
On our second night, we ate in the bar ( as there was a Christmas party on in the restaurant) and enjoyed our meals, served up by a troupe of staff (so it all arrived hot !).
The service is exceptionally friendly, in a very genuine way and the staff make a really nice hotel extra special.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 60 at the rear, closest to the entrance. Very handy !