Had a fantastic few days in the beautiful Betws-Y-Coed. The hotel is great and the location is brilliant if you want somewhere quiet but not to far away from things to do. We had a fee drinks in the bar which was lovely and also tried the food in the restaurant which was also very nice but a little pricey, but nether the less the food was good.
Breakfast was a buffer style which is what we enjoy because we could just help ourselves to what we wanted.
Staff very friendly and always on hand to help if we needed it. Waitresses also very chatty and friendly. We didn't find anything wrong with this place, until it was time for us to leave.
As we entered the reception to check out we could see the housekeepers working in the bar area. As we finished checking out and after having a lovely chat with the receptionist we left to be greeted by a member housekeeping staff, who smilied, only seconds later a tall dark haired male housekeeper came over to the female housekeeper swearing like a trooper. "I'm f***ing bored" he said, to which the female housekeeper replied "don't swear in front of customers" and his reply was "don't give a s**t" then he walked off. We found this kind of language appalling and disgusting, and the fact the he didn't seem to care about the customers who pay his wages every month is very horrible. We could see that the female housekeeper was uncomfortable and a little embarrassed about the way he spoke but just carried on working.
Our time at the hotel was great, just a shame that man had no respect for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WATERLOO HOTEL and STATIONS leisure complex is the ideal base for discovering the endless array of what beautiful North Wales and its coast has to offer..... mountain biking on the famous Marin trail, summiting the heights of mount Snowdon, sitting still and taking in the breath-taking scenery, adventure days caving or cannyoning, building sandcastles on one of the many golden beaches or leisurely strolls around lakes and woodland....there is something for everyone... and at the WATERLOO HOTEL our aim is to help you bring your holiday to life.............. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Waterloo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Betws y Coed
- Betws-y-Coed Best Western
- Waterloo Hotel Betws-y-Coed, Wales