“Not worth the money”
Review of Fairy Glen

Fairy Glen
More attraction details
Owner description: This deep gorge is surrounded by a seemingly endless expanse of scenic beauty.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We though we would call in on our way home to walk the "Fairy Glen. We parked up and was greeted by the sign, which we have posted, which read, payment for parking £1.00, then 50 pence a person to walk the route. So we readied our money and walked the short walk to the entrance
As we got there, within seconds a man came out the Bed and breakfast opposite ( Cwmannog Isaf Farm ) to collect the money as we were just to post it in the slot. He must have been watching us or something to be there so quick.
It's only afterwards after I had thought about it, that the money guy was so keen on coming out the house, he probably though we weren't going to pay, I take exception to this. He gota Grow up.

He was then heard to be whingeing at two couples behind us who I think were parked on his car park but not going into the Fairy Glen, but going on another walk towards Conway falls.
(See sign posted as it's a Private car park just for visitors to Fairy Glen Gorge... Nothing else, ).
I heard him saying something to them about setting the alarm off?? However I think he allowed them to go as they were paying to park on his car park, and it was a quite time of year, so must be ok to take peoples money when its quite.

As we entered the Glen where the payment slot is here a sign saying, "WARNING, concealed CCTV cameras operate on there premises" For goodness sake, what's it coming to, if there is CCTV there, its obviously only there to watch, so called Non Payers of the "Toll" to the car park and the Glen, and nothing else.
After reading some of the post about this guy , if it's the same one, and I'm sure it is, I think he has a touch of paranoia.

After walking the short route I have to say there are many more walks in Betsw y Coed that are FREE with better scenery and views, Try the short Miners Bridge walk or Smithy walk.
For those who aren't confident walkers, the steps down to the gorge are narrow and can be quite slippery so beware, and its not so Fairy Glen,ish either,
Not worth the hassle.

in 6 reviews
"natural beauty"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Really appreciate hard work (and money) that has gone into preparing footpaths, fences, benches, etc - just wish it wasn't so popular when trying to take photos!

1  Thank peterLlangollen
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A great place for a short 30 minute walk with a number of lovely new seats. Watch out though, the steps are very steep, covered in deep leaves and slippery this time of year. Not for those with agility problems!

1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Done this little 30 minute walk a few times and it really is magical. It is a must do when visiting the area! Don't forget to pay your 50p though or you will have a little man chasing you for it!

1  Thank littlelauraUk
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Althought it probably wont be with these reviews.

This place is very nice. Although I love the main town area and river of Betws - y - Coed, this place is only around the corner and a lot quieter on the summer days when the public seem to mass in numbers to the area.

I have taken my family here a couple of times and it really is the ideal picnic location. You sometimes get small groups of younger people there but they dont seem to look for trouble and keep the noise down. They have while i have been there anyway and I havent heard anything otherwise.

I have read the reports about the angry land owner, but we have always paid so i have not seen or witnessed any problems with this guy.

I would recommend a visit. Well worth it

1  Thank Wayne C