“Spot on”
Review of Royal Oak Hotel

Royal Oak Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Betws-y-Coed
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here whilst working in mid wales,the room was large clean and very modern,I had tea in the pub restaurant and found the food to be very nice,I had fish and chips washed down with about 3 pints of San Miguel.
The staff were very friendly and the breakfast in the morning was lovely.
Well worth another visit.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I couldn't agree more with Clare W's review!! I was in the same party, and couldn't fault the service, staff, meals or hotel!! We had a beautiful 4-poster room overlooking the River, and it was very comfortable, with a gorgeous bed and leather settee.
The whole group felt at home immediately, and the staff were very warm and welcoming.
The lunch we had in the private dining room was excellent, with a happy, cosy feel, and the choice was fantastic! (Special thanks to the service staff on this day!!)
We held a "quiz" on the last night, and the night porter was dying to join in, but I didn't realise till we were ready to retire!! We would have welcomed his input!
Many many thanks to all the staff, and look forward to more stays!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely - and we had six, so we had a look at all of them! - My husband and I were...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was our first visit, but we'll be back. The staff were very friendly, courteous and efficient. Room was comfy and spotless. Food was excellent both for dinner and breakfast, well cooked and well presented. A very pleasant and relaxing stay in a lovely part of the world.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was our second stay at The Royal Oak and it certainly won't be our last. The hotel is spotless, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the food and service are excellent! There is lots of choice on the food front and there is something for every budget. What I love most about this hotel is the way the management and staff go out of their way to make your visit special - this was a family trip so there was a large group of various ages and requirements, including a vegan. Nothing was a problem for the team at the royal oak, they even suggested holding our Sunday lunch in the private dining room which they decorated for us with balloons and sprinkles as the trip was to celebrate my mums birthday. We had the perfect time and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get away from it all for a few day's but with the luxury touches that make this hotel so lovely. The only possible negative would be that there was some issue with the shower temperature in one of our rooms (we had six rooms booked for our trip in total) but the manager arranged for this to be fixed while we were out for the day. Otherwise, there really was nothing we could complain about. The night porter was even happy to keep the bar open for our group into the early hours! Perfect weekend had by all!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are a little quieter but you don't get the river view you have in the front.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clare W
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I can't say how much we enjoyed our stay in the Royal Oak. Work has been extremely busy and stressful and we were able to completely chill out and relax and re-energised. We haven't felt go good in ages. Staff are brilliant, room was so comfy, cost and warm with a fantastic bathroom and the food is excellent - can recommend the open salmon sandwich in the afternoon in the lounge room and the meal in the Lugwy Restaurant was outstanding. Can't wait to return - had the best nights sleep whilst there than I had had for weeks. Emma J Rhyl

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Me an my partner stayed at the royal oak hotel for one night on the 26th of jan this year. The staff are very polite and helpful and the rooms are spacious and clean. The food in the grill bar was average I chose the paella and my girlfriend had the rump of lamb , the paella was extremely poor and was boil in the bag rice an pretty tasteless , I've had paella all over the world and this was by far the worst , the rump of lamb didn't fair much better , the meat was lovely although the potatoes that accompanied the meat had clearly been re heated and we're not fresh , the breakfast in the morning was lovely we both opted for a full welsh breakfast and it did not disappoint. I would definitely recommend staying at the royal oak hotel although I'd probably go next door to the stables for food.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have never written a review before, but felt I had to to say that I have just come back from another fantastic stay at the royal oak (our third in three months!). All the rooms in the hotel are very clean and comfortable. We stayed in one of the four poster bedrooms at the front of the hotel which had wonderful views. The room had lots of character and bed was lovely and comfortable and the en-suite had lovely fluffy towels and robes. The food was superb, beautifully presented and lots of it! All the staff at the hotel are extremely pleasant and helpful, giving us lots of ideas as to what we can go and see. All the staff remembered us from our first visit and it felt as though we were coming back home with them all being genuinely pleased to see us. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Betws-y-Coed
Waterloo Hotel
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
Glan Aber Hotel & Bunkhouse
Glan Aber Hotel & Bunkhouse
#7 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to Royal Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!