“LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Ethical restaurant with superb food! Great staff fantastic variety of food for Carnivores and herbivores alike! Went there for coffee, went back for brekkie, went again for lunch and if I didnt live 400 miles away I would go again. Highly reccommended.

2  Thank lois p
kakop63, Owner at Alpine Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words, we're very pleased your enjoyed the coffee shop so much and look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This coffee shop adjacent to the station is well worth a visit. The menu is very comprehensive even for vegans. The food is superb.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I'm in the minority on this beautiful little island - I am not part of the All American Costa/Starbucks/insert-bland-chain-name fan club. I do not like thick, heavy, ridiculously-sized mugs of PG Tips or gargantuan bowls of coffee-flavoured hot milk. I like proper tea - made in a pot, using aromatic loose leaves, and poured into a china cup; my coffee I prefer small and strong. I especially like either of these served with a slice of homemade cake. The kind that's sliced from an actual cake and not made in a factory and then packaged in plastic. The kind found in the Alpine Coffee Shop. After walking up and down a mountain last week, we descended hungrily into this delightful haven of warmth and hospitality. Greeted by smiling faces, we knew we were welcome, and could hardly wait for our vittles to arrive! From fudgy chocolate cake which the children ate with so many 'mmmmmms' it was evidently perfect, to a light apple crumble and steaming hot coffees, everything was perfect. We saw plates of mouthwatering sandwiches and salads being delivered to other patrons and eagerly await our return to Betws so that we will have another chance to sample the delights of the Alpine - the food, the welcome and the cosy ambience. And of course the absolutely stunning paintings of the orangutans!

kakop63, Owner at Alpine Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

You can definitely come again, thank you for such nice words

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely Cafe in Betws-y-coed facing on to the mainline station and the minature railway.

The food was lovely, we visited twice during our stay and had great food both times, the slant is towards ethically sourced food and drink so the choice is very vegetarian friendly and includes some of the best cakes and chips i've had in ages. Huge selection of top quality tea (the tea menu itself stretches to 5 or 6 pages).

There was no shortage of places to sit (there's also an outdoor tented area), but it did get busy to place orders at certain times as Betws-y-coed appears to be a stop off point (or destination) for the tourist coaches.

The place is tastefully decorated with all sorts of monkey related art and has a nice quirky feel, would definitely visit again.
P.S. I did try the big breakfast and had no complaints with it.

Thank you for your kind words and may you have a happy life

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I lunched here while holidaying in Snowdonia. My wife opted for a ham sandwich while I chose a slice of Victoria sponge cake, plus we both ordered coffees. The coffees were excellent and the sponge cake was sublime, but alas my wife's ham sandwich was insufficiently buttered while the ham had half an inch of fat running all the way round the edge. A ham sandwich was ordered, not a ham fat sandwich. The expectation these days is, if only for health reasons, that excess fat is removed. Dissecting a sandwich is not conducive to an enjoyable lunch experience. It's a shame because had the sandwich been good then I couldn't have thought of a reason to remove any blobs and therefore would have awarded a 5 blob score.

2  Thank Dr_R_Beck