“Nice enough but over priced”
Review of Buffet Coach Cafe

Buffet Coach Cafe
Ranked #23 of 30 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Called in yesterday for lunch. Lovely location right at Betws-y-Coed station, & younger kids will love have lunch on a train. Staff friendly but considering a lot is self serve to cutlery, condiments, napkins etc. the food, although nice, was over priced. Portion sizes not huge, big enough, but again for the price you would probably expect larger portions. Would we go again? Probably not, I would not tell people not to go as nice experience but if you are after value for your money you may be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The staff all seem very friendly (but not overbearing). We went in a few weeks ago to check its suitability for "babysitting" a 4 year old girl and a 10 year old boy. The quality was as good as ever and the "dining car" seemed to have had a make-over during the winter. New out-door seating area with tables and chairs plus a "bar" area with raised seats made it appeal to many people. The lady serving us was very pleasant and our food came out very soon after our drinks. Having had such a great service, we decided to return the following Friday with the children.

Again, excellent service, quick and very attentive from different staff too. They all seem to enjoy working there and meeting people. (Perhaps it is something in the Betws Y Coed water, as even the usually grumpy 10 year old had a smile on his face)!

OK it isn't fine dining, but its better food than BR supplied when they owned the dining car and it is reasonably priced and very filling (try their Steak & Kidney pudding - it is almost as big as Snowdon mountain!

1  Thank Judith B
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Came across this coach cafe visiting Betws y coed and decided to stop for a cuppa. There are welsh slate gifts for sale just outside of the coach/carriage, we stopped and looked, then bought a few items, like you do! The young girl & lad selling the items were friendly even spoke a little welsh for us to experience as my mum was disappointed she hadn't heard anyone talking in welsh even though we had been in Wales for 5 days. We all had a cup of tea which was as good as any, my dad loved getting nearly 3 cups each out of the pot of tea for 2. I had Earl Grey and mum had a coffee. Great surroundings, clean with a relaxed atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Debs218
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We visited from southport for my sons birthday as that is what he chose instead of a party. We phoned in advance and wen we arrived the staff had put out balloons and a card for him. Food was lovely and staff were great, lovely novelty and my son loved it.

1  Thank Jenny L
Reviewed 31 July 2014

When holidaying me and my boyfriend came across this cafe and just because its a cool little carriage cafe I had to drag him in there. I had a hot chocolate and him a coffee. There was just one guy cooking serving and greeting customers which I thought must have been tough for him. However his service was lovely. The toilets on the carriage where just well we laughed because they where that terrible. The carriage itself is so old fashioned but lovely and we both loved the slate placemats they where so cool especially as there was a lot of slate everywhere. The two drinks however well they tasted a bit rank to be honest but I did find the marshmallows on the side a laugh. So overall its somewhere I would advice just to go have a drink and indulge in the surroundings. But don't expect too much.

1  Thank SomeBlondeBird