“excellent advice”

and up
Snowdonia Scenes and Caernarfon Castle Private Day Trip from Bangor
Ranked #19 of 32 things to do in Betws-y-Coed
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great advice from friendly people who went the extra mile to ensure you had the information you needed

1  Thank Ben B
in 3 reviews
"welsh"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 1 August 2014

very helpful staff. loads of leaflets and information on places to visit in the immediate and surrounding area

1  Thank maggieann988
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I came here with my Father on Wednesday afternoon to ask if The Betws-y-Coed pottery was still going. I wanted to know this as my Father is 90 years old and I did not want to walk there if it was closed. The older woman behind the till was not welcoming at all and when I asked her she told me she had never heard of the pottery. I told her where it used to be based and that it had been there for many years (about 60 in fact) and she told me it was her first season. She made no effort to help me in any way at all. I found the pottery was still in operation myself by asking a lady in a local cafe. The pottery is only about 500 metres from the Tourist Information and there is little excuse for her not knowing about it and no excuse at all for her being completely unhelpful. She appears to be in the wrong job.

2  Thank sheepygold
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Not impressed doesn't open till 9.30 and closed at 5 as we arrived 5.10 it was shut. We wanted bus or train timetable as didn't open till 9.30am we missed the 9.05 bus and train and wasn't another till 11.20. Taxi numbers on train station info board were no longer in use!! For such a busy popular place need to update info! Bus timetable still showing 2013

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were in Betws-y-Coed 2 days and it was closed all the time for inventory. It could be understandable if they at least put some information/maps on the outside, or if someone else can help with those things. But we couldn't get the right bus schedule (the one pinned on the bus stop was a year old and had changed) so we missed the bus and had to spend the night there. Thanks to a kind shop clerk who recommended us the Swallow Falls we could do something to spend the day but that is the Information Centre job.