“Horrid customer service from the owner/manager”
Review of Plas Derwen - Snowdonia - CLOSED

Plas Derwen - Snowdonia
Cuisines: Welsh
Description: Business ceased trading november 2014
Description: Business ceased trading november 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Having stopped at the shop a couple of doors down from this place so some of my family members could get supplies for our long journey home, I carried on walking to Plas Derwen as we had all planned to eat here.

Upon walking in I saw no staff at all and was desperate for the toilet. I darted upstairs thinking it wouldnt be an issue as we were planning on eating there anyway, when as I came back down stairs I bumped into the owner who said " table for one" I said no, not yet sorry I was desperate for the toilet.

"well you could have asked and not been rude"
Sorry I said, explaining I was 4 months pregnant, couldn't find any members of staff and was desperate. ' That is irrelevant that your pregnant, it was rude and you should have asked' he said.

Upon hearing his disgusting reply and his inability to let me explain or be reasonable, I left telling my family that we would in fact not be eating here. I then went back in and gave the owner/manager a pound coin and said'that's for the inconvenience and by the way you have just lost a table of 8'

Funny that at the time I went in there was not a single customer in his establishment. I wonder why that is!

Horrible man, terrible customer service and certainly will not be returning here EVER!

4  Thank Calley S

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Very accommodating staff and lovely food at good value for money. We arrive as a group of 10 and they were able to fit us in. Food came out all together and hot. Would recommend for lunch or a light dinner.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Fish and chips reminded me of school dinners, and not in a good way! There's nothing more delightful than the smell of surface disinfectant spray being sprayed not 1 foot away from where you are eating lunch! Apart from that, it made a member of my family cough while trying to consume a dry, overcooked sorry looking cod fillet, which was hard enough without the unpleasant smell. Atmosphere non-existent: felt like a waiting room for the doctors! Oh and it was over-priced.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Second time I've visited here. The service is prompt and the menu is just what we wanted. I opted for pea & ham soup which was yummy. I had green tea and asked for lemon slices which wasn't a problem. My husband had chilli jacket potato which was big and tasty. It wasn't very busy, maybe only 4 tables so I can only comment on today's service. We had a window seat so got to watch all the passing foot traffic. I think it's Better inside than it looks on the outside. It is also licensed so does serve alcohol if you wanted. We didn't have cakes, but they do offer them.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We popped in here at tea time for an early dinner. We were served promptly and the food (fish platter) was tasty and fresh. We would return.