“Fantastic”

Description: Business ceased trading november 2014
Description: Business ceased trading november 2014
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our Moroccan Lamb and Pavlova. Service was quick and friendly and overall excellent value for money. Will be going back.

“Best quiche”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Had a very good early dinner, tasty home made quiche, surprisingly yummy food. will eat in again. enjoyed the food

• Visited July 2014
Staffordshire
“Not outstanding”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Unlike other reviews we did not have issues with service or the management.
As the picture probably illustrates this is not a place that can be accessed in a wheelchair. That's not the Owner's fault the rules weren't there when the building was erected.
The menu looked enticing and reasonably priced but as it turned out not very accurate or clear. It stated that barabrith was an extra 35p on top of a pot of tea or chocolate. This the waitress interpreted as the price of the drink and then the price of the barabrith was 35p more than the price of the drink, all I could get in response was that was how it was supposed to be.
The place itself for those who can climb the steps had good views from the front windows, the service was prompt, the toilets clean and the barabrith tasty with plenty of fruit even if rather expensive in the end.

Hawkshead, null, United Kingdom
“Horrid customer service from the owner/manager”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Having stopped at the shop a couple of doors down from this place so some of my family members could get supplies for our long journey home, I carried on walking to Plas Derwen as we had all planned to eat here.

Upon walking in I saw no staff at all and was desperate for the toilet. I darted upstairs thinking it wouldnt be an issue as we were planning on eating there anyway, when as I came back down stairs I bumped into the owner who said " table for one" I said no, not yet sorry I was desperate for the toilet.

"well you could have asked and not been rude"
Sorry I said, explaining I was 4 months pregnant, couldn't find any members of staff and was desperate. ' That is irrelevant that your pregnant, it was rude and you should have asked' he said.

Upon hearing his disgusting reply and his inability to let me explain or be reasonable, I left telling my family that we would in fact not be eating here. I then went back in and gave the owner/manager a pound coin and said'that's for the inconvenience and by the way you have just lost a table of 8'

Funny that at the time I went in there was not a single customer in his establishment. I wonder why that is!

Horrible man, terrible customer service and certainly will not be returning here EVER!

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank Calley S
“Nice for lunch”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Very accommodating staff and lovely food at good value for money. We arrive as a group of 10 and they were able to fit us in. Food came out all together and hot. Would recommend for lunch or a light dinner.