We arrived at the hotel on 28.7.12 for a two night stay for our 5th wedding anniversary, The initial inquiry was made over the phone with Guy, who advised me that if I booked by the internet option I would recieve a 10% discount, after trying this option I discovered that their was some glitch with the system and telephoned again, Guy stated that the whole of the internet in betws-y-coed had crashed but he would ring me when it returned. Upon it returning Guy as promised rung me back (35 minutes) and took the booking on the phone offering me the 10% discount. Upon arrival at the hotel their was a wedding function taking place but to the credit of the hotel the closest parking had been corderned off for hotel residents, check in was efficient with help with our luggage being offered, we were shown our room offering us a 'superking size' with riverside view but to our amazement a decking terace as well. Room was tastefully decorated and offered everything you could wish for, the space made the room feel more like a mini suite! views of the river and valley were stunning. When the booking was made we made a booking for the restaurant as well requesting a window table this was honoured and the food served was simply stunning offering homegrown and local produce served by very efficient staff who are only to pleased to serve and want to make you enjoy the experience. Breakfast was fantastic and I doubt any would be dissapointed! on offer to name but a few, full welsh cooked, omelettes, smoked haddock, kippers, full continental and so on. In the days of most chain style establishments and some privately owned ones wanting to appear they give you the full package but very rarely acheive it, it was a pleasure to receive such a high class of personel and welcoming service and it is of credit to the family that own it that these standards are maintained at all times throughout the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is set in a much admired and envied position down a long private driveway on the banks of the River Conwy at the edge of Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia. We have 16 acres of our own beautiful gardens and we are surrounded by uninterrupted and breathtaking views of the Conwy Valley with its wooded slopes forming the perfect atmosphere in which to relax in peaceful tranquillity. Privately owned, the traditional values of hospitality hold strong with the emphasis on courtesy and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craig-y-Dderwen Hotel Betws-y-Coed
- Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel Betws-y-Coed, Wales