Stayed here over the weekend of 20th July for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. I can only say that I have not stayed in a nicer, more relaxing and friendly hotel in a long time! The manager Andrew was extremely pleasant ant struck me as being very good at what he does! The room ( although a river view would have been the icing on the cake ) was comfortable, well appointed, clean and quiet.
The food was without doubt of the highest standard and the preparation was better than some of the " Top Range " hotels I've stayed in ... The staff were courteous and efficient and helped make our little stay very relaxing!
The only problem we encountered were the midges of an evening... Not a lot that the hotel staff could do about them although I would suggest some incense burners around the balcony area would help a lot.
All in all though I couldn't fault our experience and would recomend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet, private mini-break or hollidy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is set in a much admired and envied position down a long private driveway on the banks of the River Conwy at the edge of Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia. We have 16 acres of our own beautiful gardens and we are surrounded by uninterrupted and breathtaking views of the Conwy Valley with its wooded slopes forming the perfect atmosphere in which to relax in peaceful tranquillity. Privately owned, the traditional values of hospitality hold strong with the emphasis on courtesy and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craig-y-Dderwen Hotel Betws-y-Coed
- Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel Betws-y-Coed, Wales