From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we have received nothing but the friendliest and warmest welcome. The receptionists, Hannah and Gill are top class, answering all our questions easily. Nothing was ever too much for them, even arranging a substitute early breakfast for us so we could set off early the next day to climb Mount Snowdon.
The location of the hotel is idyllic, next to a river, and with a terrace which is wonderful on a sunny day to sit out on and read your book, with a drink from the bar.
Our room was clean, modern, lovely bed and by far the best shower we have ever experienced in a hotel, powerful with an endless supply of hot water. Quality towels and toiletries add to the quality service.
Dinner in the restaurant was delicious, with homemade bread and an olive starter compliments of the chef. We enjoyed a shin of beef Wellington, made with shortcrust pastry, fantastic. Desserts were delicious. A special mention to Andrew for his enthusiastic service!
Breakfast was very filling, including cereals, fruit, yoghurts and a fried Welsh Breakfast. Lighter options are available.
This hotel is perfectly placed on the edge of Betws-y-Coed, just a 10 min easy walk into the village. An ideal base for exploring Snowdonia National Park.
If I only had to make one tiny criticism, it would be the reliability of the free wifi - access and speed was very intermittent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is set in a much admired and envied position down a long private driveway on the banks of the River Conwy at the edge of Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia. We have 16 acres of our own beautiful gardens and we are surrounded by uninterrupted and breathtaking views of the Conwy Valley with its wooded slopes forming the perfect atmosphere in which to relax in peaceful tranquillity. Privately owned, the traditional values of hospitality hold strong with the emphasis on courtesy and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Craig-y-Dderwen Hotel Betws-y-Coed
- Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel Betws-y-Coed, Wales