“Home from home”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Every now and then things turn out even better than expected and this was one of those times. We booked Bryn Bella at the last minute not really knowing what we were letting ourselves in for, it turns out we should not have worried. We were greeted in the most friendly manner, shown around our room and were given many suggestions and recommendations from places to eat to places to visit. The room was great, roomy, spotlessly clean and the bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was a delight and our hosts took great pleasure telling us exactly which local shop provided what part of the breakfast, from sausages to fruit these guys know their food and where it comes from.

We stumbled upon Bryn Bella and now have it firmly in our address book for future visits. They have an impressive number of awards proudly displayed and I can see why. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book a king size room for the extra £5 it's worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
BrynBella, Owner at Bryn Bella Guest House, responded to this review, 11 April 2013

Mark Edwards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Bryn Bella was excellent accomodation our room was spacious well decorated with lots of extras to make our stay cimfortable : like tea making facilities and a mini fridge. We also enjoyed using lounge with all the books and maps of the local area, like bike trails places of interest and the daily weather update. We could not fault the family atmosphere and thier hospitality giving us great advice of what to do and see. The panoramic views were breath taking and the power shower certainly washed away the hard grime of the day. We stayed for three nights and enjoyed the eco friendly atmosphere the guest house advocates and the well cooked food was exceptional excellent value for money you will not be disaapointed!

It was good to know, that when we wanted to take out the car without the bikes attached, then we could store them safely in Bryn Bella Garages.

You can walk into town via a footpath, which is useful to know as your near if you want a drink and not to drive, just bring a torch for way back. There is a torch in the room supplied if you forget one which is handy.

On the day of leaving Wales we went to Conway Castle reomendend by the Owners of Bryn Bella, had a good day and pleased we made the journey seeing the lovely views around the castle.

The owners of Bryn Bella are very knowledgable of the area, which was very useful to discuss things to do each day, we walked and cycled in the area.

We'd visit again, enjoyed watching the birds at breakfast.

Room Tip: We chose Kingsize room no.3, this had a lovely view of the mountains and valley. Try and get the win...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura H
I am glad you enjoyed your time at Bryn Bella, especially the birds outside the breakfast room window. I am so glad we could help out and make your break all the more enjoyable. Both Joan and I look forward to welcoming you back again to Bryn Bella at some point in the future.

Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed here for a one nights stay as we were having a meal in a local place not far away (The Ty Gwyn) which i would recomend if you are thinking of dining out in Betws.

I would say it is typical of a B&B in the area and does have all that you need, it's clean and equipped with most things you require including a decent shower, comfy bed and clean towels.

We actually stayed next door a month before in (Llety Betws) which if im honest was of a 'slightly' higher standard than Bryn Bella, it just had a more modern feel to it and seemed a little more 'forward thinking'.

Breakfast is served until 9am and as me and my partner had a couple of glasses of wine the night before we didn’t turn into the dining area until just before 9 and thus we did feel a little rushed with things, however most people who stay here are off walking and up early so this shouldn’t bother majority of people.

All in all a nice B&B in the heart of North Wales with all that you need and a good breakfast, its just not as good as next door or others I have stayed in.

Room Tip: we stayed in the ground floor which was a little noisy when people were up for breakfast at 7am as i...
1 Thank S1761
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We booked last minute to stay at bryn bella for my birthday and arrived to a very warm welcome from mark and joan. The room was absolutly fantastic with a big comfy bed, spotlessly clean, with a microwave and dvd player which was ideal for myself and my boyfriend, the personal touches were just beautiful. Mark was very helpfull in giving us directions to the stables we where going to the next day. Breakfast was beautiful, so much choice and so tasty. I would highly recommend bryn bella and can happily say i will be returning, i absolutly loved it :) xx

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Kaytie_M
BrynBella, Manager at Bryn Bella Guest House, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
I am so happy you enjoyed your breakfast at Bryn Bella, especially as we take a pride in sourcing our food from local sources. I am so glad we could help out and make your break all the more enjoyable. Both Joan and I look forward to welcoming you back again to Bryn Bella at some point in the future.

London
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We booked a last minute stay at Bryn Bella and it was fantastic, the room was incredibly clean and comfortable with a big comfy bed...perfect after a long day hill walking!!...and the breakfast was delicious with lots of choice...perfect before a long day hill walking!! I have coeliac disease meaning I can't eat gluten and Mark and Joan knew all about it and even had gluten free bread on hand for toast with breakfast with no prior notice! In addition to this it is obvious that they are passionate about the environment and sourcing local produce and the eggs are from their own hens! Mark is a very experienced mountaineer and was on hand to give us any walking information we needed about the area which he knows very well and additionally any information we needed about where to eat etc. and they have a dry room in the house so as soon as we returned from the hills Mark checked to see if we had any wet gear which on a dreich wet day is a god send (luckily it wasn't!). I would highly recommend this b&b to anyone visiting betws-y-coed and I hope to return in the near future!

1 Thank Lisa R
I am so happy you enjoyed your breakfast at Bryn Bella, especially with the Gluten free bread. We are always accommodating when it comes to special diets and hold a lot of specialist ingredients in stock. It is however always best to give us warning at the time of booking so we can accommodate your needs. We never take anything for granted, but then we find it works better that way. I am so glad we could help out and make your break all the more enjoyable. Both Joan and I look forward to welcoming you back again to Bryn Bella at some point in the future.

Aberaeron, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Have stayed in between y coed many times before and we are in love with village and keep returning. Level shops and places to eat. We stayed in this b&b in February 2013 and was very pleased. Lovely, clean b&b with a lovely welcome. Room and breakfast was excellent and the location was really good with a beautiful walk into the village :). We also returned to the Oak for dinner and were thoroughly impressed yet again. Excellent local food and service. Will definetly be returning as soon as we can :) thank you Katy and gethyn

1 Thank katy w

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Due to the uncertain weather we left the booking until we were already in North Wales. We researched several guesthouses in the Betws-Y-Coed area just in case one or more should be full. The Bryn Bella stood out as a favourite from previous reviews but also had off-road parking for my van as it was a working trip. The initial call at 09.15 was friendly and welcoming whilst the details were given etc. Joan greeted us on our arrival at around 6pm and was equally welcoming. We chatted easily as she showed us to the room which was perhaps a little on the small side with its en-suite but still very comfortable and adequate for one night. Little touches like the tucked in toilet tissue and ring holder as well as the microwave showed that a lot of thought and attention had gone into making everyone's stay as comfortable as possible. These things ARE very much appreciated.
The room was spotlessly clean and perfect and the bed very comfortable for an excellent night's sleep. There was no outside noise from passing traffic.
Breakfast added to the delight of the stay. We were able to sit at the bay window with it's view over Betws-y-Coed and watch the wild birds feeding from an array of devices. The breakfast was excellent with good choice and served promptly. Mark was very attentive but never imposing and always helpful. He was only too willing to point out a scenic route for a trip through Snowdonia on our way back to South Wales and highlight some potential road hazards.
It was our first stay in North Wales, sadly only for one night. If my work should take me back to that area we will stay at the Bryn Bella without any second thought......that is if they have room! Mark and Joan are a charming couple and we can't recommend the BB highly enough.
D&B Bridgend.

Room Tip: Research the establishment a little on different sites and have a clear idea of what you are seekin...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidP165_13
It just goes to show that even last minute guests are treated well here at Bryn Bella. I can only agree with you about the room size, for an extra £5.00 per room per night you do get a King Size room instead of a Double, I believe it’s worth it if they are available. But then I would say that wouldn’t I! I am so glad we could help out and make your break all the more enjoyable. Both Joan and I look forward to welcoming you back again to Bryn Bella at some point in the future.