“A very pleasant stay”

Afon View Guest House
Ranked #18 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We recently stayed at Afon View, my wife and I in the four poster room, our friends in a standard double.

Both rooms were very comfortable, had small but very nice shower rooms. Some have mentioned the shower rooms are small, older building dont always lend themselves to ensuite conversions, so I wouldn't direct any criticism on this part.

The front facing rooms may by some considered a little noisy, from both traffic and late night passers by, but again not a real issue.

The breakfast was very nice, with the usual cereal, fruit juice, fruit salad selection followed by a traditional welsh breakfast.

Parking available to the rear, we actually parked on the roadside outside.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I'm not sure I am able to express well enough to justify how wonderful and incredible the stay I had at Afon View. I travelled solo for the first time. I couldn't have been more fortunate than to have found this lovely B&B. My "single" room felt like a large room. The bathroom was very roomy. The shower was invigorating and especially a welcome relief after a hard days walking up Snowdon. The B&B was immaculately clean. The hot breakfasts presented on warmed plates. The gardens rich with colourful flowers and green lawns. Above all of this, the owner of the Afon View, Mike, gave such a warm welcome. Mike was very helpful and knew the area very well and gave lots of recommendations for local food and drink. It was my first time in Betws-y-coed too. I had such a wonderful stay that I have booked again to go back in September this year. Thanks to Afon View!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed at Afon View for 3 nights to celebrate my partners 40th birthday. We stayed in room 4 which was the 4 poster room, it was a good size with a small leather sofa in. The bathroom was a ok size however is was newly refurbished and was done to a very good standard and had a lovely double shower. The whole house is beautifully decorated too. The breakfasts were very good as was the hospitality. The location is excellent just a short walk to the heart of the village. Some lovely places to eat and shop, in partical do book at The Bistro a fab meal.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stayed with my wife and 12yo daughter for two nights. This was a nice B&B in a lovely old building. However, the building made fitting out the rooms difficult. The room was small, but getting a triple occupancy B&B is very difficult. The bathroom was extremely small and the shower was terrible.... no water pressure (we were on the third floor) and the drain was pretty much blocked. For the money it was reasonable.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ScottMob
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We have just returned home (12-07-2013) having spent four nights in a guest house that is truly hard to match up to. The service, breakfasts and cleanliness of The Afon View Guest House are fantastic. We have visited on three previous occasions during the past ten tears and it really does get better and better. It is located in the centre of Betws Y Coed and gives great access to Snowdonia and well as the coast. A big thank you to Mike and Barbara for being great hosts. Peter & Pam (From Southport)

Room Tip: All rooms are well furnished and comfortable. Rooms are on 1st & 2nd Floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in a guest house and I had a lovely weekend at Afon View the bedrooms are lovely,comfortable and very clean.Breakfast is good with a lot of choice and plentiful really sets you up for the day.Just to go back to the gentleman who had a problem with check in I was a single traveller and my train arrived in between the times shown for check in I emailed the guest house and Mike arranged for someone to be there when I arrived himself actually !! so it really only takes an email or phone call.Yes breakfast was early but you need to remember the majority of guests are there for the outdoors NOT myself, however once breakfast is over you do have a full day to yourself which is good if you only have a short stay.Would reccommend this guest house to anyone. Mike also gave me some good tips for eating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We loved every minute in Afon View, there is nothing they could have done to make it better. It is of a much higher standard to many boutique hotels we have stayed in across the country.
The entire building is exceptionally clean and the breakfast was delicous, with premium foods on offer.
The proprietors are extremely friendly and professional and deserve all of the praise they recieve. They lit the logfire in the lounge just for my partner and I.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple