“Very welcome...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dol Peris

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llanberis
Dol Peris
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Llanberis
“Very welcome...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Only stayed 1 night but made very welcome. The property is recently refurbished to a high but un-fussy standard. Rooms comfortable and clean. Shared kitchen means you can eat in or out as you wish and they cater well for the outdoor lover with a drying room. Be happy to use again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great place to stay, me and a friend stayed for 5 nights when we came to climb the local area, lovely rooms and very comfy beds, also very reasonable priced compared to some other places. Will definitely book with them again.
Wayne K

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wayne K
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our 2 young children, my wife and I shared a family room which was lovely. The location was perfect for the village and Mount Snowdon. The shared kitchen, log fire, drying room, games a plenty and the other guests who were as lovely as our hosts made it a super stay. V good all round stay and we are looking to come back next year and staying in room 8 again

Room Tip: We liked our view from the top floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard2006/7
Portishead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Spent the last week doing my Mountain Leader with Phil George which i really enjoyed and the quality of all the training was fantastic. However the weather for our final expedition wasn't exactly ideal. We came back with soggy kit and really didnt fancy camping in a sopping wet tent with soaking kit. Phil and Lisa kindly sorted out out a room to sleep in which was homely, cozy and spacious. The drying room was also greatly appreciated - Ideal if you too have a wet trip to Snowdonia! The living room has a fantastic fire place which is great to warm up next to on comfortable sofas.
For us this stay was ideal being based in Llanberis for our next trip out into the hills and would be an ideal location for anyone wishing to explore the National Park. Lovely views of the surrounding mountains from the bedroom windows too!

Thanks again to both Phil and Lisa for being so welcoming, would love to come back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rich P
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

A wonderful stay that made our life's so much easier while doing our ML Training. Its a lovely old building but warm and homely feeling inside. Big kitchen for cooking if you can stay away from all the local food places. Drying room for our wet kit, big bonus! Big lounge with loads of room to plan the next days activities while sat in front of the fire. Showers are great and better than mine at home! Its located right on the main street of Llanberis but lovely and peaceful.
Lisa made it very simple and easy to manage our stay and provide us with all the information we needed.
Next time were in Snowdonia and looking for comfort instead of camping we will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Dol Peris was perfect for my stay in Snowdonia- Lisa and Phil are now the new owners of this traditionally built guest house. As you walk through the entrance its evident that it is well looked after. On arrival I was welcomed by Griff who gave me a guided tour of all the facilities. Every room I was shown was spottless and clean and I was amazed by the kitchen area and its facilities. For self-catering there is everything you needed to cook and with a shop next door it made it all very easy. There is a large dinning/lounge room where you can sit and eat your meals with a stunning log burner to tempt you into the lounge area. On entering my room the cleanliness continued, I also had my own on- suite facilities with a lovely hot shower. The owners were always around and willing to answer any questions that I had. I was in Snowdonia on my Mountain Leader training course and having spent most days out on the mountains it was vital I had somewhere to return at the end of the day to recuperate ready for the next. Dol Peris gave me this and I found it to be very comfy and quiet. I stayed a total of 7 nights and was sad to leave.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Martin C
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

We just wanted somewhere local to electric mountain for ourselves and two young children to stay over night. The booking process was simple and the communication from Lisa gave you confidence in the booking (instantly trustworthy). We needed a family room with enough space for our travel cot (which in modern hotels is very difficult to squeeze in), we got a fantastic room at the top of the house (#8) which has two singles beds, a double bed, sofa, large coffee table and still enough room for a cot and probably another couple of beds !!! The room was lovely and clean with a nice clean en-suite and I'd say the mattresses were med/firm which is just how we like them so a very comfortable nights sleep was had. Lisa had phoned me after we had checked in and gone on the search for food to check the room was warm enough and that she had put an extra heater in there just in case. This is the type of service that is second to none. She also gave some recommendations on where to go for food. In all it was an excellent, hassle free stay which I can highly recommend. If we are in the area again then we will book here without hesitation.

Room Tip: The family room (#8) at the top is huge
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christian45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
#6 of 8 in Llanberis
Royal Oak Hotel
Royal Oak Hotel
#3 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to Dol Peris? Share your experiences!