“Really good quality food”

J&R Indian Takeaway
Ranked #16 of 30 Restaurants in Llanberis
Reviewed 13 September 2017

ordered food last week after going up snowdon and in dire need of hearty food. The service was great and the food was not disappointing.

1  Thank 832sam88

Reviewed 6 September 2017

After scaling the mountain we had quite the appetite for curry. After assessing our options we were left with one - J&R...

Upon reading several scathing google reviews, expectations were at an all time low. However, exhausted and in dire need of curry we placed our order. We now detail our order:

x2 Chicken tikka Masala
x3 Vegetable Samosas
x1 Garlic Naan Bread
x1 Peshwari Naan Bread
x1 Mushroom Pilau Rice
x1 Coconut Pilau Rice

and finally...

x1 Mango Chutney

The CTM was alarmingly red in colour, but exceeded all expectations with what must have been an entire medium sized chicken. (Cut into sizeable chunks!)

The customer service was second to none.. As you can imagine with such a large order I was unable to open the door unassisted. Luckily, the staff at J&R leap to my aid, holding the door open for me on the way out.

We were so impressed with our experience that we returned on the last night of our trip for a post-pint pizza which needless to say was delicious and covered in enough cheese to mug off a dairy farm.

Aside from the mountain, J&R provided another high point of our trip.

4  Thank Shaphia S
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I am always dubious of trying takeaways when I am away from home as I have had many disappointing ones in the past but I overheard a local recommending this one so I thought I'd give it a go. The food was excellent. We had a lamb dish, a fish dish and some vegetable side dishes and they were all very tasty. The portions were large and we commented that we wished we lived near it! I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank Nanny P
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

If you like hot and spicy, definitely worth going. I enjoyed naan and prawn vindaloo.
They offered free popodums. Wow.

2  Thank santosh p
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Got myself a takeaway the other night. One of the best curries I have ever tried l. In addition they're not shy on giving you plenty of meat with the dish. Happy days for meat lovers.

2  Thank Martin W