Y Gwynedd Inn & Bunkroom
Cae Mabon(Llanberis)
Lake View(Llanberis)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Tyn Rhos Country House(Llanddeiniolen)
View Hotel
Pen Y Gwryd Hotel(Nant Gwynant)
  • Pool
All reviewshappy customersbunk roomeggs cookedroom was cleanfull englishsnowdon climblovely breakfastboth morningsbangorcarpetroutemattresskettlefootsummitwelshpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We were warmly welcomed by the owner, and looked after very well having completed the 3-peaks.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2010

The staff were fantastic, they hepled us out when we had made a booking mistake , the room we had was recently renovated and we ate in the resteraunt on 2 occasions and the food was fab, we loved our stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a warm welcome in a well appointed hotel with fab food. We will be back next year see you then and we may even get our booking correct. A big thank you goes to Deiter, Mark and all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We were greeted by very friendly staff, and felt that we had been welcomed by family from start to finish.
First we were in a double room, which was cosy but had everything we needed for the money. I then came back with my family and stopped in the family room, this not only had an ensuite but had a lovely large bath for the kids. The rooms came with flat screen tv and Sky channels. There is also free Wi Fi access, which was also a big plus point, as I had sprained my ankle and could not walk with my family up Snowdon.
It is located in a fabulous location, in walking distance from the Train up Snowdon, or the corresponding walk.
The food in the restaurant was lovely , my son commented that the Ribs were the best meal he had ever had, and the Salmon wad delightful.
The staff really make the stay worthwhile, doing all they can to ensure our stay was the best it could be, even offering to make me a sandwich when the restaurant had been closed for 2 hours, and they had been working non stop all day. I look forward to going up again during the first Bank Holiday weekend in May. My kids didn't even want to leave.
I would recommend anyone to visit, the prices are competitive, and if you want a down to earth, family feel Inn, where fun is on the menu, and a sense of humour is plentiful then look no further.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We had a meal in the bar with food and atmosphere both very enjoyable. All in all excellent value for money

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2009

My extended family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days. The breakfasts that came with our rooms was the best. The service was exceptional. We also had our dinners there in the evening. Couldn't have asked for better food and service. Very laid back and very very friendly people. Our rooms were cleaned every day and even though we were above the pub we were able to sleep without being disturbed. We were able to use this location to do major sightseeing. Parking was never an issue either. This was my first trip to North Wales and I was very impressed. I will most certainly go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family