Mount Pleasant
US$127
US$108
US$113
  • Restaurant
YHA Snowdon Llanberis(Llanberis)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$133
US$125
US$87
  • Breakfast included
US$133
Llanberis Lodges(Llanberis)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed with David and Jacquie for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay very much. We found them both very friendly and their knowledge of the area, particularly Mount Snowdon, helped us tremendously, The food was very good, all freshly cooked and Jacquie does a wicked roast lamb! It was certainly a 'room with a view' which is not a feature of many B&Bs we've stayed in.
The only down side was not having a TV in our room, not that we're addicts at all, but we do like to watch the news, weather, and some quiz programmes.
Otherwise, I would highly recommend Mount Pleasant as welcoming and peaceful base to explore Snowdonia

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I must totally disagree with most of the comments on here, I have just returned home after working in the Llanberis area and can safely say what a pleasure it was to stay at the Mount Pleasant for 10 nights.the breakfast was excellent inc in the price and the evening meals are all home cooked and at a very reasonable price. The rooms are all very clean and include tea and coffee making facilities,the hotel has a well stocked bar and A excellent place to relax after a busy day. All in all in my opinion an excellent place to stay in stunning surroundings and you couldn't meet a nicer couple than David & jacquie.

Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I love this place, I have never encountered Mr Hilter there. Despite rumours to the contrary, Jaquie does not put lard on the cat's boils - she does not have a cat.

Monty Python aside, I find the Mount Pleasant to be one of the most welcoming of the places to stay in Llanberis. It is comfortable, has good, if basic food, a cracking little bar in which to review the day, plan the next and, well basically, enjoy a drink or five. A five star place it isn't, but it is inexpensive, very frieindly and comfortable. David and Jaquie have a wealth of knowledge about the surrounding area, so it is well worth 'picking their brains'.

In summary, an excellent place to stay in the heart of Snowdonia at a good price and offroad parking too, try their Steak and Kidney pie, I love it!

Room Tip: Go for a double/family room. Back of hotel is better if you are a light sleeper as the Llanberis 'recycling gang' turn up early. That said front rooms have a wonderful view over the lake on a good day.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Decor is very old and tatty, breakfast was poor quality, but rooms were clean and owners were friendly. I don't think that Mount Pleasant offers good value for money compared with the two other B&Bs that I've stayed at in Llanberis.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We recently stayed for 3 nights and I cannot recommend Jacqui and David highly enough on their hospitality and friendliness. Despite always being early for breakfast, Jacqui took our orders quickly and the food was hot,tasty and served quickly, we only had to tell her our preferences once and they were remembered the whole week. I was able to sit and eat a 2nd rack of toast (with real butter!) and linger over my breakfast while my partner rushed off to meet his climbing group.

The packed lunches which we ordered were ready for us to collect at breakfast time and with a round and a half of sandwiches as well as snacks were plenty to keep us going.

Jacqui and David know the area well and are able to make recommendations and find both valley and mountain top weather forecasts which is helpful.

On the downside, the bed was a small double with quite a thin (worn) mattress and the en-suite could definitely have benefited from better ventilation but these are fairly standard attributes for a B&B in this price range (and as my partner had threatened me with a tent and a mile walk to a cold tap to brush my teeth, any en-suite is fine by me!).

There was no TV in the room but after long days of mountain activity we were quite honestly having to make ourselves stay awake until the sun had set to not be asleep before dark so were quite happy to have a drink in the bar instead and didn't miss the TV

Overall the pros out-weigh the cons and we would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple