“The Perfect Village Tearoom”

Snowdon Honey Farm and Winery
Ranked #10 of 22 things to do in Llanberis
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The Perfect Village Tearoom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

This is one of the nicest tearooms that I have ever come across in my travels.
It is very olde world in the nicest possible way. We had a pot of excellent tea and some scrumptious welsh cakes ...This is a must visit when in Llanberis!
Sitting in the sun by the little honey farm is one of life's pleasures and the proprietor is friendly and the place quaint and welcoming.
A pot of tea well made and cakes of this quality constitute a real treat.
Highly recommended indeed!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Peter L

North Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Such Welcoming Hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is a very simple but unique place with a fabulous tea room and garden, with excellent service and food. The ice cream was to die for...mmmmm.
But if that was not enough, you wander through from the tearoom into an aladdins cafe of treasure. The products they sell are amazing, from jams and fudges right through to mead and wine. the host Deryl is a great character and is more than willing to have you sample to ware, I overheard another person say they walked in but were going to roll out from the many samples of alcohol they had!
If you are ever in the area, check it out, I promise you will have fun!!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank NorthWalesAnimal
Limerick
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Nice shop, but the cafe could be more generous...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Paid 3.50 stg for a slice of coffee cake, when I got it, I was going to ring my optician and complain about my new glasses as I thought I got the wrong prescription! I could not believe how small the slice of cake was for the price I paid, it was approx 1.5" at its widest end, tapering to a point. In most tea shops in Ireland I would expect a slice at least twice that size for that price... it put us off spending more money on buying gifts there to bring back to Ireland.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Peter H
Marquette, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“magical little spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

My daughter discovered this place on her semester abroad in Wales. She made sure we stopped there on a family visit to the Snowdon area. It turned out to be a highlight of our trip to Llanberis. It's a quaint little shop with a proprietor who reminded us of a wise and friendly modern-day Gandalf or Merlin — if either of those wizards had worked their magic on honey. The store is full of an amazing array of colored liquids in glass bottles, resembling nothing so much as racks of alchemical potions. These are the shop's varieties of locally produced flavored meads, or honey wines. The other store specialty is honey fudge: chocolate honey fudge, clotted cream and honey fudge, honey fudge with fruit and nut inclusions, etc., etc. A dentist's nightmare. Oh, and there's "plain" honey as well.

4 Thank EuroNewbie2010
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Free Celtic mead samples served up with good cheer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Though I've only visited the Snowdon Honey Farm and Winery once, back in September 2004, with my husband, I have never forgotten that wonderful visit. The owner was so friendly and generous, I wish we could have bough more Celtic mead to take back to America with us. I truly hope I will have another chance to visit this spot and once again drink my fill of delicious varieties of Celtic mead. If you go anywhere near this winery, definitely stop in and enjoy the mead samples and pleasant company!

5 Thank Wanderergal