Lake View
Good 3.5/5
US$162
US$156
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Port Dinorwic(Y Felinheli)
US$128
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsquirky hotelstar luxury hotelcomfy clean bedrooms are smallfamily hotelfriendly hostspeople's reviewsclimbing snowdonideal hotelboth nightsvaried menucreaky floorboardsevening meal and breakfastbreakfast includedbrilliant weekendother guestswarm welcome
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed Here Fri/Sat 15th/16th June to Climb Mount Snowdon with my Wifes Work Collegues.
Got There Fri 15th booked in about 2pm weather was appalling torrential rain & wind all day.Had a lovely meal in the Hotel that night with a few drinks,got up next morning for a full breakfast before attempting Snowdon in even worst weather than the day b4.Weather was the worst they had seen in 50 years all shops shut and even train up the mountain had stopped running.Tried got half way and came back down to a few single malts in the hotel,another good nights kip on Saturday and another full welsh breakfast on Sunday Morning
All in All a nice little hotel with great food & drink and a lovely host,well worth the morning and only 5 mins from small town centre.
Shame about the weather

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We used this hotel for our dinner on two occasions and found the food excellent and Mike and staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go again if we were evr in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The Hoteliers Kerry & Mike were the lovliest freindliest people to meet ,they work extremely hard in this business, from outside hotel looks as in photos although on a very sharp fast bend which the car park is on at the front, suprisingly busy hotel with eclectic 70,s out dated decor. The owners pet dogs and cats are in hotel and also pets are welcome so no good if your not an animal lover. We stayed in room 7 although clean very, small tired old room with uncormfortable bed, broken old fittings and narrow steep stairs, parts of hotel in need of repair. Had a peek in room 5 looked much nicer would have prefered that one, lovely views though.Food and staff were lovely, they make this hotel. Llanberis is approx five minutes away lots of B & B around with vacanies even though internet suggests differently, book direct. beautiful scenery but not much therein Llanberis if your not there to walk or climb, quite run down town I would advise people to stay in Betws Y Coed and travel into Snowdon from there which is prettier and better equipped for tourist trade about 10 min drive away. All in all a great trip despite the typical rainy weather

Room Tip: Ask to see room perhaps suggest they updated on website, it was under redecoration and renovation when we were there so Im sure will be improving all the time. Quiet , quirky place
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glen M
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Enjoyed a pleasant 5 night stay. The owner Mike, his wife and staff provided a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The food was good with a good choice of evening meal. No it's not a luxury 5 star hotel but you're not paying 5 star luxury hotel prices. I found it clean and comfortable and ideal for my purposes as a base to climb Snowdon and explore the surrouding area. The fact I could enjoy a nice evening meal without going out meant I could chill out and treat myself to a lager or two after a days walking and exploring as I didn't have to drive. Given that I stayed during the 'heatwave' that really was a welcome treat. I know I will return to this area of Wales again and I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is my first review ever, so what I about to say is truthfull & honest. My wife booked this as a surprise for me in preparation for our walk up Snowdonia .

On our arrival I noticed the outside looks nothing like its website, on parking . The outside looks like it hasn't been painted since the 70s . We continued to book in, as we open door to our room, I witnessed what I can only say was the worst room I have ever seen. Carpets torn and not fitted / Parts of the shower broken and mildew around bath room . Room hasn't been decorated for since 1970s . Wall paper coming off . We left without unpacking .

Though I have read previous trip advisors reports. All I can say, if you want cheap and don't care for decor . Then stay, though it would be advisable to look further into main town 5 min drive down road for alternative accommodation such as ( Victory Hotel ) slighty more money but worth if it wanting more confortable and ideal location. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Due to the speed we left Lakeside. I did not take any pictures , just take my word for it.

We stayed in double room at Lakesise overlooking main road. (for point of refence) if daring to stay. I will contact Wales Tourrist Board to inform them of my views and to revaluate , Lakeside is not a Hotel nor AA star 2 .

• Stayed: June 2012