“Short Break in Snowdonia”
Review of Lake View

and 1 more site!
Lake View
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Llanberis
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Great Hosts who were really friendly and very helpful. Ate dinner in the hotel once and it was great, really nice breakfasts too. Rooms are small, clean and comfortable but do need updating. Free wifi in the bar area. Hotel is in a perfect location just opposite the lake with easy access for running/walking or swimming! It takes 10mins to walk into Llanberis and its all along a pavement or you can drop down to the lakeside and walk along a path. Good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lake View

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I recently spent a couple of nights at this hotel while on a short walking holiday. The hotel was very quiet, as the holiday season had not begun. Although I expect it would get busier at weekends and later in the year.

Mike and Carrie were very good hosts, my bedroom adequate, the food was well cooked, and varied. The overall experience was very pleasant, and good value.

While on the whole I enjoyed my stay very much, I was conscious that some refurbishment was due soon, and like to think that the proprietors had such a scheme in hand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

This place is dated and tired the owner tried to accommodate our needs but failed. The room 5 had the smallest double bed I've seen. It's advertised as small but it was truly ridiculous. Nether of us slept.
Don't like leaving a bad report but don't want others to loose their hard earned money
I could not recommend here to a living soul.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Rockyk9
Reviewed 6 January 2013

On checking in and going to my room I was a bit concerned about the age of the property, however the room was perfectly clean, was comfortable and had a great shower. The inhouse restaurant had a good variety of dishes and reasonable prices. The hosts were great and prepared me a fabulous packed lunch (at no extra cost) as I did not want breakfast. Only real negative was that there is no reception so it takes a while to raise someone to come and let you in when you don't have a key (i.e. on arrival). I also think the lake view was a bit of a stretch as there are too many trees on the other side of the Rd to see the lake.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ShellzD
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Warm welcome; good owner / mangers; pleasant staff; outstanding food at dinner and breakfast with lots of choice, well prepared and carefully presented; lots of hot water; OK bed; rooms a bit small and dated. This is not a 5* hotel but for the price it is outstanding value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank gpl5t
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Where to start..
U want 4-5*.... Then book a 4-5*.
Want a hotel with character and great service. Book here.
We had the 4 poster bed room for 3 nights. Nope, not a huge room, but a comfy clean bed and plenty of draw and wardrobe space. The bathroom lacked the "bath bit" and the shower was short for my 6'2 husband, but again clean and useable.
The best bit for us was the management Mike and Carrie. In the evening Mike did the hosting and carrie was the chef. Food was 1st class. We ate here for the 3 nights.
Mike was and I do believed refered as by his staff as " Basil fawlty". He was funny and great host. Always a story to tell. Very helpful and knowledgable about the area and where to visit. He was extremely happy and helpful to dry out wet boots and clothing over night for us.
We are looking forward to taking our family back to climb snowdon next yr.

Room Tip: Four poster over looked the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My partner and I stayed here on a weekday in September 2012 for one night. I would advise anyone to stay away from this "hotel". On arrival we were left attended in the dining chair near the entrance for 20 minutes before the owners come back from their errands. They were surprised that they had our booking - we had just booked the room via website on that day. We were then shown to room 7- the room smelt like a unclean men's gym locker room and there was crazy amount of dust everywhere. Bed cover resembled the one you would see in 1970's houses and it did not look like it was washed since they put it on the bed 10 years ago. Mattress speachlessly horrible. Had to wake up many times at night only hope that morning comes as quicky as possible. TV not working either all I could do was to stay at disgusting ceiling. Next morning I wake up to realize that shower had no water. I was planing to go on a great day at snowdonia and wanted to start my day fresh but I was forced to st off feeling dirty- complained about this on my way out to the owner guy and his reaction was "oh that happens once in a blue moon!! All you needed to do was to blow into the shower tube " I was appaulled by this ridiculous explanation but we just left the hotel after making full payment as we had to catch the mountain train. This hotel should be closed. Total rip off. Who cares if the owners are friendly? Their fake friendliness just made us feel like puking.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Nmx1978
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
Craig-y-Dderwen Riverside Hotel
Seiont Manor Hotel
Seiont Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanrug

Been to Lake View? Share your experiences!