“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Llanberis Lodges

and 1 more site!
Llanberis Lodges
Ranked #3 of 15 Llanberis B&B and Inns
Essex, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed for 2 nights here so I could walk Snowdon, booked last minute on the day ( mid week stay). It was the perfect place to stay, I had a large room, with a huge shower and all very clean. Room had two chairs, wardrobe, draw unit and ironing facilities plus the usual tea and coffee making stuff. Easy to find just at the end of the high street which is pretty quiet and with ample parking. My room had a nice big balcony with a table and a couple of chairs and a great view of the lake and hills. Hotel is just a minutes walk from restaurants and shops plus the bus stop to get the bus to the start of the Pig and miners track is just opposite if your planning to walk Snowdon.
Breakfast was probably one of the best I have in a B&B -I've had many as well!! Brilliant quality, cooked fresh and very large.
Probably the best thing about Llanberis lodges is the owner Bob, Very helpful regarding Bus times and which tracks to walk for snowdon, and great info for other places to visit as well (cheers for the tip about parking in golf club at Nefyn Bob!!!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Found these lodges last minute and they made our weekend perfect! Bob the owner made us so welcome and made us feel at home immediately, even though we turned up at 8.15am just to park the car before we headed up to the mountains for a full day of walking. Our 14 year old son was in a proper bed in our triple room which he said was so comfortable, so was our super king. Lots of extra touches in the room. Great breakfast, fab fresh yoghurt granola compote starter. Will definitely recommend and hope to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Room was great - very spacious and well kept. Very big bathroom.

Well located in the village and easy to find.

Bob was great fun, very informative and can cook a hell of a breakfast. He provided a thermosflask of coffee for our walk up snowden- a very kind offer and an example of the small touches that made the stay great.

We would highly recommend Llanberis Lodges

1 Thank ben p
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ok, I didnt actually stay here myself, but I booked for my parents. I was house sitting locally, and they fancied joining me for a holiday. I booked here because it was not only recommended by the good folk of Trip advisor, but was repeatedly recommended by locals in the village. I can only positively add to the glowing reviews this establishment already has..

My parents LOVED the private sheltered balconies, complete with patio furniture and citronella candles, overlooking the snowdonian mountains and quarries, and Llanberis Lodge is one of very few properties with a view like this.

They slept well in comfortable beds, and despite their age (average of 80) and ailing health, they had no problems at all in settling into a relaxed three night stay.

The owner, Bob, could not have been more helpful and charming, and even invited me to a complimentary breakfast with my parents each morning. FANTASTIC FEAST of a breakfast meal, only one complaint..I WAS dieting, and I just blew it big time on double eggs, double bacon, sausage, mushroom, hash brown, beans, all the works..tooooo tempting! Continental breakfast spotted on the next table looked equally good.

Thank you BoB, for being so very welcoming, helpful, hospitable and generous! My parents will be back!

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A nicely appointed room with a patio and pot plants overlooking the hills of Snowdonia. Bob was very welcoming and cooked us superb breakfasts. The lodges are very conveniently located in Llanberis with just a short walk to the Snowdon Mountain Railway and the award winning Peak restaurant.

1 Thank alan h
Weston Super Mare UK
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed for two nights 17/18 June 2014. Had a ground floor room king size and single beds.
The room was very comfortable, every comfort supplied snacks, beverage and toiletries.
Large shower cubicle, recently modernised.
The outside table had citronella lamp to keepknats away.
Breakfast was first class Bob went out of his way to make the stay a pleasure. Lovely flowers outside.

Room Tip: Select to accommodate up to 3 people
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
midlands england
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a hen weekend to climb Snowdon. It certainly lived up to the reviews. Didn't feel like a b&b with having outside space, you didn't feel confined to your room as you sometimes can. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, spotlessly clean with lots of extras on the hospitality tray. Views of Snowdon from your terrace or balcony, lake across the (very quiet) road and a pleasant stroll into the village. Great location. Bob, the owner, was great ! He was there to meet us with a warm welcome and was helpful, informative and very funny ! He got us extra chairs so we could all have a few drinks together on the terrace. Breakfast was delicious, best I've had in a b&b. I even enjoyed the sausages (he persuaded me to try them) ! Very knowledgeable about Snowdon & the area in general. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend & wouldn't stay anywhere else if I were to return to Llanberis, which I would love to do!

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely . Room 4 probably had the most private terrace if you're on a romantic...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Glyn Peris Guest House
Glyn Peris Guest House
#4 of 15 in Llanberis

Been to Llanberis Lodges? Share your experiences!