we stayed in The Royal Hotel Llanberis and were delighted with the welcome we received on entering and found the hotel old but comfortable. The food was very good and the only thing that let the place down was the Maître D, who appeared to have a complete sense of humour failure and tried to belittle me in front of my friends. Not professional at all and if worked for me would be looking for another job, probably in portaging. The rooms were very comfortable and sometimes too warm if you don't have control of the radiators. The 6ft beds were a little soft for us, but we did sleep well. Not impressed with the early morning laundry cages rattling outside our window at early morning but that was only one day. Altogether a lovely 2 day break in our travels but the biggest disappointment had to be the Snowdonia Mountain Railway Closing down for the winter the day before our arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia is nestled at the foot of the spectacular Llanberis Pass under the shadow of Snowdon itself on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park. It is set within 30 acres of gardens and woodland, cradled between Llyn Padarn and Llyn Peris. This is an ideal location in the heartland of North Wales for a breathtaking and memorable stay. Rooms are spacious with all modern amenities. The Hotel offers three restaurants, bar, residents lounge, five meeting/conference rooms and ample car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Royal Victoria Hotel
- Legacy Royal Victoria Llanberis
- The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia Llanberis, Snowdonia National Park