“Excellent Location close to Snowdon”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llanberis
Dolafon Guest House
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Llanberis
Tring, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location close to Snowdon”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Large b&b with 7 rooms. Our room was clean with an en-suite and tea & coffee making facilities. Peaceful location, good sleep quality. Surprisingly there was no guest information book which was a bit of a drawback. However the patron was very helpful in recommending places to eat. Very conveniently located in the centre of town so saving on expensive car park fees by being able to leave your car in their ample car park. Very friendly patron. Breakfast was excellent with choices from cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, full cooked and croissants. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wildlife_traveller

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My (now) fiance and I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of June. From the moment we arrived we felt at home, we arrived early at about 10.30am, our room wasn't ready but we were able to look at it and was told to come back in about an hour. We were very grateful as we had an early start and long drive that morning and was looking forward to relaxing for a few hours.
After a coffee in the lovely cafe just up the road we went back and our room was all ready for us. Gorgeous room, big, lovely window looking over the front garden, huge big comfortable bed with lovely fresh bedding and very comfortable pillows. The room was spotless. We felt so at home we actually spent most of the day there watching TV as the weather was a little wet outside.
Sunday we decided to get up early and climb Snowdon. We had a perfect day for it, it was a bit overcast but no rain, a bit windy when we got to the top but overall a perfect view from the top. That afternoon, knowing that we had our lovely room to come back to made the journey down the mountain much easier.
It was also a very special day for us, as my boyfriend asked me to marry him! The owner Sandra who is just the most lovely lady was in on the plan, she had our bottle of bubbles waiting for us in her fridge. Sandra and her staff make you feel so welcome, and are full of local knowledge of the area. The breakfasts are great, lovely bacon and the omelettes spot on. I was quite sad to leave the place, but knowing that we were going home to tell all our friends and family about our news, made that easier. Thank you Sandra, you were the perfect hosts! We will definitely come back, its a special place. I wont however be climbing Snowdon again in a hurry... I ached for days!!!

If you go to Llanberis, you must stay here. Location and service 10 out of 10.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Claire B
Qld
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here with relatives in May. Really lovely accommodating host, delicious breakfast, comfy bed, quiet and very handy location and good value for money. Great locality to Snowdonia Railway too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AussiesQld
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was mountain biking in the area and I enjoyed a 2 night stay. My primary concern was with bike security which was handled perfectly with a secure alarmed garage with plenty of room and two dogs on the premises one of which would act as a decent deterrent (both of which were lovely to all the guests).

The room was clean spacious and very well equipped, not to my decorated to my personal taste but in no way offensive and I'm sure that lots of people would love it. The breakfast was very nice with choice of cereal and full cooked breakfast.

The Owen's were very nice and friendly and I would whole heartedly recommend anyone to stay here. I certainly will next time I ride Antur Stiniog.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Thiborferency
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

From the friendly welcome, beautiful house and lovely rooms to the delicous breakfast this is one of the best Guest Houses I have ever stayed in. If you are visiting Snowdon try to stay here, you will not be disappointed. Thank you to the owners for a fantastic few days in a wonderful part of the country.

Room Tip: Some rooms are not ensuite but do have a private bathroom. If this is important then do ask.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Absolutely perfect. Nothing more needs to be said really. The hostess is a lovely lady, always ready to assist and very friendly. The rooms were fantastic. The bed was so soft and after a day of hiking I couldn't have ask for better! I don't think I will go to any other after staying there. It's great for everyone! The simple breakfasts went a long way. They really know how to feed hikers!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael R
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Many many thanks to Sandra for an amazing stay after our Snowdon climb. Sandra's hospitality was the best that I have ever experienced, her attention to detail made me and my friends feel extremely welcome. Breakfast was amazing too! Will certainly be back for more. Many thanks!

• Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Y Gwnnedd Inn & Bunkhouse
Y Gwnnedd Inn & Bunkhouse
#8 of 8 in Llanberis

Been to Dolafon Guest House? Share your experiences!