“Great Place - Good Location too!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llanberis
Dolafon Guest House
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Llanberis
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Place - Good Location too!”
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Had a great time here spending three nights in the guest house. As the other reviews state the breakfast was excellent with a good full english breakfast but also vegetarian options as well as cereal, fruit, yoghurt etc.
The rooms are of various sizes but all comfortable and well furnished. The beds were good also.
The location is just two minutes walk from the railway station up Snowdon and just over the road from three different restaurants.
The only issues with the place were:
1. the water pressure in the shower room at the top of the guest house was pretty poor
2. the curtain were not very substantial and didn't really keep out much light, so you get woken early in the summer.
3. the welcome tea and cakes supplied on arrival - which were great (will be charges to you when you leave).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank johnandlucia

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I recently stayed with Sandra and Em when my walking group, the Diamond Striders, from Dromore Co. Down in Northern Ireland attempted to scale the dizzy heights of Snowdon and its surrounding peaks.
This rural idyll was a home from home, only better!!
The accomodation was first rate, the standards of cleanliness unsurpassed and the beds were so comfortable I slept soundly for the duration of my stay.
The food was 5 star plus excellent and all tastes were catered for.
The cream teas available in their on site Tearooms were amazing and the cakes, all crafted by Sandra's own fair hand were to die for.
I have never tasted such an exquisite Victoria sponge before, or since.
Nothing was two much trouble for our hosts, including packed lunches for our walks and flasks of hot water for our tea and coffee and they even went shopping for a thank you gift for our walk leader while we were climbing Snowdon.
Ironing facilities were available on request, although I did not discover this until after I had burnt a hole in the carpet in my room with my travel iron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fortunately for me they were extremely understanding and I haven't been barred from returning to their establishment, on the proviso I leave my travel iron at home!!!!
I couldn't recommend their home highly enough and five stars wouldn't even begin to do it justice.
So once again Sandra and Em thank you for making our stay such a memorable one and rest assured that when I am heading for Llanberis again I will be knocking on your door, minus my travel iron of course!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debs65_10
Uk
Reviewed 10 June 2010

My freind and I had the pleasure at staying at the Dolafon Guest House last weekend when we attending a local wedding.The house was in a lovely setting , set back from the road down a long driveway.We recieved a warm welcome and were shown to our rooms. My room was very adequate , lovely large comfortable bed , telly and tea making facilities that were very welcome last thing at night and first thing in the morning.The bathroom facilities were more than adequate.The dining room where we had breakfast was really lovely and actually felt as though we were in a much more upmarket hotel than a guest house.My personal feeling were if a few simple things were changed in the bedroom , perhaps just a nice white duvet instead of the yellow one , that although clean and prob fairly new , the colour didnt do the room any justice and to have a change of curtains to slightly more modern , I feel they could actually charge more for the rooms than they do as the house and dining room is really lovely.The breakfast we had was excellent and I was so pleased to see a vegetarian cooked breakfast on the menu, great.
The only criticism I have of my room that I dont see how it could actually be rectified was being that it is an old house , as soon as the first person woke in one of the other rooms , Think it was around 6 am , I was awoken and couldnt get back to sleep from the noise of creaking floor boards , sounds silly I know but it did mean no lie in.The only problem my friend had in her room was the window wouldnt open , and she got hot and stuffy in the night and really wanted fresh air. But apart from those slight things , I thought the place lovely and would definately stay there again or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank UKMaddy
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We stayed a couple of nights this week, arriving without booking as it is low season. We were surprised that a couple of the B&B's were actually closed early in the week at this time of year. We found the Dolafon in llanberis High Street and were offered a basic but very comfortable room with a huge and extremely comfortable bed. The room had a bath but only a hand held shower- but this was perfectly OK for us. The owners were very friendly and helpful , and the breakfasts were excellent. The village itself doesn't have too many evening options, but there are a couple of welcoming hotels which serve evening meals. There is however a lack of decent pubs in our opinion. The location of Dolafon is perfect for the Llanberis route to Snowdon, as well as the mountain railway, electric mountain, slate museum etc.... All in all a good value stay in a well run guest house in a very central, if not lively, location for the National Park.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TopFrog
Norfolk
Reviewed 21 August 2009

We stayed there last week and they had just opened their Tea Room. The Hotel was really nice and very clean. The staff were happy to help and answered our questions about things to do in the area. We had afternoon tea in the tea room and were really surprised by their extensive selection of tea. The cakes we had were delicious and baked on the premises that day. It was a fantastic experience and only backed up by our great night sleep (the bed was enormous) and a good hearty breakfast the next morning. Cereal, fruit, yoghurt and a cooked breakfast with toast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed 12 July 2009

The house was at the end of a long driveway. It looked too impressive and too expensive for us. But we thought we would ask about vacancies anyway! We ended up choosing a beautiful large room with a king sized bed, huge windows with a view of the front garden down to the gate. There was even a chandelier in the ceiling. All this and a very reasonable price. (well within budget after all). We had lovely breakfasts in the dining room downstairs and the owner was very helpful with local tourist information. We parked our car on the property (saved parking fees) and walked to all the attractions in Llanberis. There was a pub across the road which was handy for evening meals. Very quiet area generally.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrightonSunshiners
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Y Gwnnedd Inn & Bunkhouse
Y Gwnnedd Inn & Bunkhouse
#8 of 8 in Llanberis

Been to Dolafon Guest House? Share your experiences!