“Bed & Breakfast with Mr Grumpy”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llanberis
Erw Fair Guest House
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Llanberis
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I have stayed at Erw Fair 6 times now with a total of probaly over 20 people. Martin the owner has always been a little quirky and come out with some rather rude comments but this has never really bothered me or my friends as we just had a laugh about it.
The last two times (a year inbetween) he has been plain rude. He was rude to my mum and her partner which really did bother me. Last week four of us stayed there after completing the Welsh three peaks and arrived very late due to some issues on the day. His wife was amazing and let us in quietly but the next morning he was beyond rude to us. I was actually shocked at how he treated us.
I regret to say I will never be staying there again nor will I recommend it again to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank anthony p

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We booked in at Erw Fair to venture up Snowdon as it was on Roger's bucket list! We were delighted on our arrival to find our room light, airy, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We were welcomed by Martin and later met Sally we were made to feel very much at home. Breakfast had plenty of choice to suit all tastes and the cooked breakfast was exceptionally good and cooked to perfection. We also ordered a packed lunch which was excellent and very good value for money with far more in it than we expected it certainly kept us going up the mountain! We would definately stay here again. Martin and Sally made our holiday perfect thank you both very much.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Just went up to Llanberis this weekend so we could climb a mountain. Booked the Erw Fair as they had one room remaining. Can I say that some of the negative comments on here about Martin, the owner, are really unfair. We had a very charming welcome, despite the fact we arrived very, very late in the evening. The room was very clean and welcoming. We had a shared bathroom and it was fine. The breakfast is substantial, very high quality ingredients. Brilliant value for money. I would recommend this fully to anyone staying in the Llanberis area. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

As a group of 5 young people (aged 17-21) (1 female & 4 males) we planned to camp at a local campsite but the day we chose to go we had 50mph gale force winds, no chance for putting a tent up. We drove around Llamberis for around half an hour being turned away from B&B's and guest House's even one's with vacancies, not sure why... maybe our group size, our ages or our accents.
Then we stopped at the local Spar shop to get some food and we noticed Erw Fair Guest House right next door my Partner went to speak to the owners explained what we needed (4/5 beds for 2 nights) and they were more then happy to help.
Martin and Sally were extremely polite and helpful, with lovely personalities. They have good local knowledge and helped us all they could.
Breakfast was lovely a choice of cooked or continental, I had a bit of both. :)
The rooms were clean and well presented and had a well stocked tea making area and a sink which I used to make lots of tea's for the boys and hot chocolate's for me.
I could not recommend this place more the service was excellent, the accommodation was lovely and they owners are superb.
Oh and lets not forget the two stars for Erw Fair guest house, Henry and Jack the sweetest little kittie's I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

My partner and I were so impressed we are planning another trip for the late summer....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abigail W
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Comfortable and clean and most of all very welcoming. Not just when we arrived but throughout our whole visit. Sally and Martin made us feel very at home and the breakfasts were lovely. I normally go to Llanberis once a year and it's nice to have found somewhere to return back to. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We had an ensuite room but the bathrooms serving the non ensuite rooms looked great too. The ensuite...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Loved this place! Drove my crappy 1988 Volkswagen Jetta there in 2004, with some friends from a walking club I was in, that car was so bad; I enjoyed the banter with Martin, he was so right! - it blew a heater hose at the top of the Pen-Y-Pass but my McGyver skills and a cold journey back to Limerick, Ireland got us home..my more upmarket 1999 Honda Cr-V brought me and my wife back there in late September 2011 on our way back from a great UK driving holiday, and I plan to steer that same CR-V there again late this year with a friend - we want to do some walking in Snowdonia again. Only for the Persian cat I remembered back in '04 I would never have remembered the place when re-booking in 2011! Martin and Sally are truly genuine hosts, I look forward to meeting up and having the craic again, the breakfasts/packed lunches were great, and they were so homely. Martin even insisted on us taking an umbrella when we were going out to the restaurant one evening as it looked like rain - this is a great place to explore Snowdonia from, I was glad to ditch the CR-V and take the Snowdon Sherpa bus from across the road, for only a couple of quid it takes you to Pen-y-pass car park where the best Snowdon walks start, this car park fills up so quickly and costs over a tenner, so having this bus service so near Erw Fair is a big plus. Also I clocked the journey from here to Holyhead at only 38 miles/50 minutes approx so it should be a big draw for other Irish visiting here. Looking forward to seeing you again Martin/Sally, regards Peter H, Limerick.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I've stayed at Erw Fair Guesthouse a couple of times now and I couldn't recommend it more...

A big part of the experience is the wonderful personalities that run the place - I hadn't known quite what to expect after reading some of the reviews but it's completely and utterly what makes the stay here!!! (on top of the ideal location, the lovely rooms, and the amazing breakfasts!)

Sally is extremely personable kind, friendly and a wonderful cook and Martin is a character with an amazingly dry sense of humour. Most of what he says is in good humour / tongue in cheek and I actually think he makes the experience because he's sooo funny! A lot of the guests I spoke with came back regularly just on this basis...

The B&B is a stone's throw away from a lovely lake where you can go and feed the ducks and there are some lovely pubs and restaurants in the vicinity.

Two lovely additional personalities I forgot to mention are Henry and Jack - the most gorgeous cats that also reside at Erw Fair! So beautiful.

Will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: I personally have stayed in Room 4 - and rate it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
Travelodge Bangor Wales
Lake View
Lake View
#6 of 7 in Llanberis

Been to Erw Fair Guest House? Share your experiences!