“Very nice stay and very good value for money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llanberis
Erw Fair Guest House
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Llanberis
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Stayed at this place for one night. Room was quite small but very tidy and there comfortable. The room and shower room and toilet were very clean and newly refurbished. Breakfast was extremely tasty and the selection was also very good (cooked breakfast, porridge, cereals, fruit etc.). There are two resident cats, which for us was a bonus but some people may not like. The only two minuses were that the wi-fi network was only available until 10pm at night and that noise from a room above was quite disturbing early in the morning. You could hear all of the movements (walking etc.) from upstairs very loudly but it is an old building so probably not much can be done about it. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and thought it was excellent value for money at £60 or £65 per night for both of us with breakfast included.

Room Tip: perhaps a room on the top floor would be the quietest option.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is a well situated guest house with good quality accommodation near to Snowdon but unless you are not remotely concerned about feeling welome, I don't recommend it. Good manners and a smile cost nothing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank redford008
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The accommodation was both basic and adequate. The breakfast certainly hit the spot in the morning. We found the welcome could have been a little more friendly. There was an air of curtness from the owner (maybe a "please, thank you and good morning my clients" would have been nice!)
This being said though, the standard of the accommodation and catering was like Ronseal: it did what it said on the tin. Would I stay there again? Hmmmm Probably not. I like people to say good morning to me!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jae M
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I have stayed at Erw Fair 6 times now with a total of probaly over 20 people. Martin the owner has always been a little quirky and come out with some rather rude comments but this has never really bothered me or my friends as we just had a laugh about it.
The last two times (a year inbetween) he has been plain rude. He was rude to my mum and her partner which really did bother me. Last week four of us stayed there after completing the Welsh three peaks and arrived very late due to some issues on the day. His wife was amazing and let us in quietly but the next morning he was beyond rude to us. I was actually shocked at how he treated us.
I regret to say I will never be staying there again nor will I recommend it again to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank anthony p
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We booked in at Erw Fair to venture up Snowdon as it was on Roger's bucket list! We were delighted on our arrival to find our room light, airy, comfortable and spotlessly clean. We were welcomed by Martin and later met Sally we were made to feel very much at home. Breakfast had plenty of choice to suit all tastes and the cooked breakfast was exceptionally good and cooked to perfection. We also ordered a packed lunch which was excellent and very good value for money with far more in it than we expected it certainly kept us going up the mountain! We would definately stay here again. Martin and Sally made our holiday perfect thank you both very much.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Just went up to Llanberis this weekend so we could climb a mountain. Booked the Erw Fair as they had one room remaining. Can I say that some of the negative comments on here about Martin, the owner, are really unfair. We had a very charming welcome, despite the fact we arrived very, very late in the evening. The room was very clean and welcoming. We had a shared bathroom and it was fine. The breakfast is substantial, very high quality ingredients. Brilliant value for money. I would recommend this fully to anyone staying in the Llanberis area. Definitely would stay here again.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

As a group of 5 young people (aged 17-21) (1 female & 4 males) we planned to camp at a local campsite but the day we chose to go we had 50mph gale force winds, no chance for putting a tent up. We drove around Llamberis for around half an hour being turned away from B&B's and guest House's even one's with vacancies, not sure why... maybe our group size, our ages or our accents.
Then we stopped at the local Spar shop to get some food and we noticed Erw Fair Guest House right next door my Partner went to speak to the owners explained what we needed (4/5 beds for 2 nights) and they were more then happy to help.
Martin and Sally were extremely polite and helpful, with lovely personalities. They have good local knowledge and helped us all they could.
Breakfast was lovely a choice of cooked or continental, I had a bit of both. :)
The rooms were clean and well presented and had a well stocked tea making area and a sink which I used to make lots of tea's for the boys and hot chocolate's for me.
I could not recommend this place more the service was excellent, the accommodation was lovely and they owners are superb.
Oh and lets not forget the two stars for Erw Fair guest house, Henry and Jack the sweetest little kittie's I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

My partner and I were so impressed we are planning another trip for the late summer....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abigail W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
Travelodge Bangor Wales
Lake View
Lake View
#6 of 7 in Llanberis

Been to Erw Fair Guest House? Share your experiences!