“Comfortable and dog friendly hotel.”
Review of Alpine Lodge

Alpine Lodge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Llanberis
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Enjoyed 2 nights here with the family and our dog.
This is in a great location, with fantastic views and a pleasant 10 minute walk to the Snowdon and Lake Railways.
The whole hotel appears to have been recently decorated. The rooms are spotless and comfortable. The bathrooms are small but well equipped.
We liked the crisps and chocolate biscuits on the tea trays, and breakfast was delicious.
Very good value for money. We would highly recommend the Alpine Lodge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I always judge a hotel by the way that I'm received and greeted, especially if you are delayed in getting to your destination.
When I arrived, I was very warmly welcomed, given help to take some luggage to my room and given great advice on where the best places to eat or drink were. The advice was superb, myself and our group enjoyed really good food, beer and the odd Welsh whiskey. The breakfast next morning was excellent, perfect for fuelling up ready for a day on the hills.
Towards the end of the day on the hills, I ended up in hospital with a severely broken leg.
I had a prolonged stay in hospital, requiring the AA to transport my car back to Hampshire where I live. The hotel were kind enough to look after my car until the AA arrived.
That is the sort of service I love in a hotel and certainly with Alpine Lodge. It was a bonus that the hotel and rooms were simply, but beautifully decorated, the beds being extremely comfy too!
Thank you both so much for your kindness and hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We are frequent users of this wonderful establishment, and every time, without fail, we are welcomed back by the fabulous staff and proprietors. If I tried I could not fault the place! The location is excellent: not far from the beautiful lake, the popular Snowdon path, and my aunt's house (but that's somewhat irrelevant for other visitors!). Unfortunately, I cannot comment on the breakfast but, the coffee was great, and everybody else enjoyed theirs (and there were 9 of us in all). The rooms were impeccably clean and beautifully laid out. I especially liked the new bathrooms - modern and elegant. It goes without saying that we will be staying here again! Big thank you to everyone for their service!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on 28th March 2014. Found it very easily, and was welcomed in straight away. Was quickly shown to our room, and given great advice about where to walk our dog.

Was offered help to unload the car, and was made sure our room was what we expected.

The room was fantastic, I've stayed in much worse and more expensive places in the past and this was a welcome surprise. It was very warm in our room on arrival, and whenever it got cold it didnt take long to heat up. If anything it was slightly too warm overnight, but thats just me, I like it a bit cool.

Throughout our stay the staff, whom I assume are the owners were extremely friendly and helpful.

The location is ideal for walking up Snowdon, which was our aim for the weekend, and the lake opposite is a beauty, especially early in the morning.

Breakfast was absolutely gorgeous, and there was loads of it.

My only criticism would be the pillows on the bed arn't very nice. But this is a personal preference as I like my pillows really soft.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone, and we will definately be staying again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Fantastic place to stay. Phone confirmation with card details to book room so remember to pay before you leave. On arrival we had a lovely welcome and was shown to our room. This was very warm and clean, with a very large comfy bed and a fantastic power shower. The breakfast was also very nice with lots of extra toast and refills on coffee and tea. One of our group is a vegetarian and was very impressed with her breakfast.Its a great location for visiting Snowdon and surrounding areas. The local Indian restaurant is also very high standard. Would come again and plan to do so very soon.

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 7 great as they are at the front, then rooms 6 is at the back a great double but watch t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Large bedroom overlooking the Lake. Excellent breakfast with homemade extras. Onsite parking, although limited. Really friendly owner/manager who helped us upstairs with our luggage as there was no lift.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the lake was lovely
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely cosy rooms, plenty of hot water. Friendly staff, off road parking and a great veg breakfast.
Great location for getting into the mountains.
Thank you.

Over the years traveling from the midlands to north wales I'd now recommend M6 then across the top not the A5, it's a lot quicker.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llanberis
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
Seiont Manor Hotel
Seiont Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Llanrug
Travelodge Bangor Wales

Been to Alpine Lodge? Share your experiences!