“A national icon for Wales”

Pen-y-Ceunant Isaf Tea House
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Llanberis
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Welsh
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We serve Hot chocolate, Tea, Coffee, beer wine, and a small selection of light snacks. Open all the year round we are dog friendly and walkers can eat their own food on the premises. Taxis are arranged by request. Please note that we do not serve meals.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Cottage atmosphere - charming; host: so helpful and friendly; refreshments: hot chocolate was the best i have ever had anywhere; all this vastly counterbalances their having run out of soup and retains their 5 star rating from me. Has to be experienced to be believed. it's like going into someone's home. Steffan remembered me, even though it had been about a couple of years since I was last there. This place deserves it's No1 place in the Llanberis ratings. There are also lovely paintings on display in his mini-art gallery (including Kyffin Williams prints). And I can vouch for the lovely home made soup from previous visits. Both last time and this, we were given complimentary cake with our refreshments.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My first visit to Penceunant and what a warm welcome from Steffan. We enjoyed the best coffee and some lovely bara brith. This is a gem of a place - the warmth of the welcome - the wonderful stone building - the historic contents - the view - they are all quite remarkable. I very much look forward to future visits.

1  Thank penarthguy
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Walking back from the Snowdon summit in the darkness and freezing weather, we found this place with a host who was a god sent angel. My wife and I had been out on the snowdon mountain for a very long time and on the way back she had terrible pain in her fingers due to the cold weather. The fireplace here was a great relief and we had very nice hot tea and cakes. The toilets are clean and the host was very welcoming. We sat there talking for a while and got enough time to give rest to our legs.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was one of the best pit stops that I have been to. After a hard trek up Snowdonia, we called in here not expecting too much. But the service was outstanding. Steffan was extremely friendly and told several entertaining tales. The open fire, warm tea and welsh cakes were a welcome combination after the cold wind of the mountain. Lots of camaraderie and a great atmosphere. Steffan even gave my friend a ‘love spoon’ as a gift as she had just got married. Great personable service. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

found this on the start of our climb up Snowden and got a glimpse of the host Steffan who directed us on our way (ok our little way up) we did our very best and then hopped back to the Tea Rooms , it was a beautiful day and this little oasis was just wat the doctor ordered, I had a Hot choclate made for me, that was heaven along with the welsh cakes , How I did not stay and sample the whole menu, I dont know, a visit to the tea rooms is worth it , even if you dont do the climb . Steffan is a diamond in the rough he flits between english and full blow welsh depending on what he's saying , he reminded me of Steve coogan /Frankie Howard he is a lover of Capital Radio (HELLO BOB) Steffan lives at the tea rooms and basically welcomes you to what must be his living room a full log burning fire , I cant emphasise how lovely and cosy this is and how welcome you felt . We cant wait to go back and listen to Steffans dulcit tones again , he told us to go through the forest route on the way down, which we did< Oh Steffan several hours later we reached the bottom ,Bonnie our Dog was caked in mud as this route was like a quag mire but beautiful xx If you are in this area treat your self to a visit to the Penceunant Isaf Tea Rooms