“Wonderful place on the Llanberis Snowdon path”

Pen-y-Ceunant Isaf Tea House
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Llanberis
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Welsh
Good for: View, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We serve Hot chocolate, Tea, Coffee, beer wine, and a small selection of light snacks. Open all the year round we are dog friendly and walkers can eat their own food on the premises. Taxis are arranged by request. Please note that we do not serve meals.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I popped in here for an ice cream after a failed walk up Snowdon (long story). I explained that I'd hope to take the train up but couldn't with my dog and the kind owners immediately offered to look after my dog for me while I went up. On my return I had some of their delicious lemonade and chewed the fat with various people coming down of the mountain. This is a fantastic laid back venue serving good ciders and ales, some cakes, ice cream amongst other things and is well worth checking out. Also had a peek at their self catering room(s) for hire and they looked really lovely too at the bargain price of £70 per night. Thank you very much :-)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I saw this Tea room recommended on tripadvisor and we decided to use it instead of the tatty halfway cafe. we sat outside and had a hot chocolate, which was excellent. I didnt think the place was quite as special as everyone else has made out, especially as there was a big group noisy hikers drinking heavily and being loud. also, there was construction work going on, on on the gutters which ruined the atmosphere.

penceunant, Owner at Pen-y-Ceunant Isaf Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you very much for review and the good rating that you have given us. I am sorry that your visit was not completely as we would like it to have been. Unfortunately due to storm damage we had to replace the guttering and builders being builders we had little choice over when they could do it and i can only apologise. The noisy group if i remember correctly had completed the 3 peaks challenge and i think that their high spirits were probably down to a combination of celebration and exhaustion. We would certainly not allow our customers to drink to excess and as we only sell bottled beers at a comparatively higher price than the local pubs it is very unlikely anyone would come here to get drunk. Again i think that they had only had a couple of bottles of beer each. But i do accept that they were rather loud and again i wholeheartedly apologise. It is very unusual for us to have anything but a tranquil atmosphere and I very much hope that you will visit us again. Once again thank you for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I visit last week on Tuesday afternoon and enjoyed the tea and Welsh fruit loaf so much so that we may a promise to return once we finished our climb on Wednesday. The welcome, hospitality, food and general ambience makes this another hidden gem in Llanberis. Will definitely return! Paul & Valerie (Ireland)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We received one of the warmest welcomes in Wales from hosts, Stefan and Derrick. Great ale, great chat, great hosts and a lovely foot spar which was well received after a full days hike up Snowden :) Dale and I were given a tour of the cottage and guest house which was full of hidden gems and beautiful antiques. Gorgeous! Stefan the owner gave me a welsh book as a gift as we were leaving. So friendly and welcoming, I would highly recommend stopping by for a drink and booking a night or two if you are visiting Snowden. Lily & Dale

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am not sure if I want to tell anyone how good this place is as I would rather keep it to myself and those already in the know. Simply one of North Wales must visit places. Stefan is a legend and the hot chocolate is absolutely amazing. If you walk past this place without calling in you have made a very serious mistake.

1  Thank Skidaddy14