“dog friendly and excellent food”
Review of Cwellyn Arms

Cwellyn Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Rhydd Ddu
Price range: US$11 - US$41
Cuisines: Pub, Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Fantastic cozy pub very close to west highland steam train station. Fantastic walks from the doorstep, to the summit of Snowdon or surrounding Hebogs or around the beautiful lake and forest.
Our dog was made to feel very welcome and presented with a fresh bowl of water on our arrival. We sat by the roaring log fire. The food was excellent, my husband and I both ordered the Pork belly from the special board and my daughter had the homemade lasagne. All plentiful and delicious. We would've stayed longer but unfortunately a man sat near to us that wanted all to hear his many Snowdon conquests! We will return and would highly recommend.

1  Thank MarthaMops

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We had just arrived in rhyd ddu and decided to eat here as it was just down the road from our accommodation. We found the service very good, and the food excellent but expensive for a family (although portion sizes are generous ) unfortunately the only thing that was a let down was that my eyes were really watering from the kitchen smoke that had made its way to the dining section...as the kitchen was right in the centre of the pub/restaurant

Having said that definitely order the desserts...you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Fab pub - spent the weekend in snowdonia couple of weeks ago and based ourselves in Rhyd Ddu - cannot fault anything. Cosy pub, warm welcome, and a fabulous meal on the saturday night when the place was heaving. Big thanks to everyone - it was a great meal and everything was very well organised on such a busy evening! Top time, would definitely come back.

1  Thank KateBushRockz
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Arrived (very muddy) at 20.10 on a Tuesday night out of season after a spin on my mountain bike. Four people were just finishing their meals and when they left I seemed to be the only customer on the premises. Half expecting to be told that food was no longer being served, I was pleased to be informed that I was welcome to place a food order. After a pint of very nice porter at ideal cellar temperature my dinner arrived. I had ordered home made steak and kidney pie. It was delicious and definitely home made, not microwaved, with a light pastry crust and tender chunks of meat in a well seasoned gravy. It was served with real chips and garden peas. I washed it down with a glass of the house red which was a very quaff-able cabernet sauvignon. I had change from twenty quid after a tip. The staff were extremely pleasant, polite and helpful. A real gem which fully deserves its good reputation.

1  Thank gourmet_gallois
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Lovely pub with great Ales and superb food. 7 of us had meals there and all left empty plates. Highly recommend the lamb shank, it was lovely.

Highly recommend.