“Excellent Value - Give them a chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trevor Arms

Trevor Arms
Ranked #6 of 15 Wrexham B&B and Inns
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value - Give them a chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

My husband and I recently (2 April) stayed at the Trevor Arms with five friends, as we were attending a wedding a few miles away. We arrived at the hotel early, but the staff were very helpful and allowed us to check in at 10am and use our rooms so we could get ready for the wedding. They provided us with a number for a local taxi firm. Breakfast was lovely and cooked to order. The accommodation block needs some modernising and redecorating, but for the price (£35 B&B) you really can not complain. The room was clean and everything worked. If i was in the area again, I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

Recently taken over by new owners so can only improve.Yes the bedrooms do need refurbishing but it can't happen overnight.Stayed one night on a trip to visit friends.Good points (real old fashioned welsh coaching inn serving great beer.We had a wonderful breakfast served in the bar by a lovely local lady nothing was too much trouble.This was a breakfast as it should be and you go along way to get better.We stayed during the real cold spell and the room was lovely and warm bedding was spotlessly clean.)Bad points(bathroom grotty everything needs replacing but everything worked.All needs redecorating).Dont be put off its very good value and will improve.So give them a chance they need you to finance all they need to do so support the independents.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

we booked the resturant for my sons 27th birthday for 31 people including 7 children we were told it was a set 2 course meal with beef and lamb he said he would provide turkey as well with it been a big party and children we arrived at 1 give up at 1.30 and seat all our guests our selves half an hour later had to go to the bar and ask if they were ready for us one waitress came out to take orders which we were then told was no turkey a bit upset as we had a few in the party who didnt like the other meats so we asked about chicken and was told we could have chicken but would be charged extra bearing in mind we had 7 children the youngest been 1 service was all over the place leaving all the childrens meals untill last whish resulted in a room ful of crying children one person was left out so by the time his meal was brought out most on the table were finished yorshire puddings and roast potatoes were black puddings arrived at 3.30 2 and a half hours after booking tables apple piee was still frozen in places and was served cold with warm custard once again i was left out by the time i got mine it was 4 and every one finished we did complain several times but got no where in the end they gave us 1 meal free then we had to ask where to pay and was told to queue at the bar i stood for ages making sure every one paid the right ammount of money to over hear the staff talking complaining about the noise from the children and basically chit chatting about us over all we were then told we had paid to short which i new wasnt right as i stood there to make sure they werent even going to let us leave overall meal terrible i dont think they could handle such a large party and staff were unfriendly and toilets dirty we used to use this resturant a lot when it was carvaries but under new managment and was a awful expieience evry one said they would never go again my overall advice is would be ok for the most 10 people but nothing bigger next time we are going to the cunliffe arms which we have been told is a lovely carvery foe just 6 .95

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Allison S

Travellers are raving about these Wrexham hotels

Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

Booked one night 26/10/12 I had not read the reviews so expected to be disappointed, but it was value for money, I preferred the quirky features to bland travel lodges, the room was clean, warmand the breakfast most satisfying. If their was one fault two words squeaky floors, and as for the walls being thin, we had a busy day and was not disturbed. Don't pre judge.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Coventry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

S where do I start with this place, initially I booked into here to attend a wedding of a friend at a nearby hotel . I booked this hotel due to it was the cheapest rate in the area , and now I know why. I paid 48.00 gbp for one night where the quality of the stay was not even worth 20.00 gbp of anyones money.
On entering the room with a friend , there was a musty old smell to it and the room was freezing !
The walls are basically covered in artex and chipping away in areas.
The bathroom had a sink in it cracked in 2 places and the bath sealant was full of black mold.
The 2 beds were of different level, one had no head board and the other had some king of cushion held up by a curtain pole as a head board . It was advertised as the room came with a TV ... on entering the room it was found that this was missing , later to be told that the last guests had stolen the tv ... possibly as compensation for the room, guess they felt they should have something for their 48.00 gbp.
Finally to top it all off the toilet seat was hanging on by one screw.
However despite all of this we accepted it as all we needed was a place to sleep for a few hours .
On returning back to the room after the wedding the toilet seat had been replace and also had the TV with a very small 16" flat screen from Tesco down the road that could only really be seen if you sat on the end of the bed to watch it .
So off to sleep we went , to be rudely awaken at 2.30 am buy what sounded like 5 lads throwing a party in the room next door, everything could be heard even their bed springs . The walls in this accomodation bloke must be made of toilet tissues ...!!!
Without trying to put our fists through the wall we banged on it to let them know we were in the room , only to get a bang back and for the party to carry on , after about a hour of broken sleep I finnaly managed to return to my sleep.
To top it all off , I had put my trainers outside to air through the night to find in the moring that someone had urinated in one of them .... unacceptable !
In the morning I did try to look around for a manager to file the complaint but unfortunatly there was only a cleaner and waitress , so instead i decided to call.
I called on the following Tuesday to be told that the Manager Clive would call me back , in which he did not. So I then called the manager Clive the following morning and finally spoke to him and expressed my views , to his reply that was ... " all I can do is apologize " !! , not even a suggestion of a partial refund on my charge, then to top it all off I was then hung up upon!

So in all my honest opinion .... STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Room Tip: In a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Kev W
Blyth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

On arrival at 'Bates Motel' myself and my friend checked into our motel room only to be greeted by what you could only describe as a throwback from the early eighties room. The room itself was dusty, there was no TV just a stand and ariel cable. The cleaner was in a room a few doors away so I went to speak to her (not for another tv but to let her know we hadnt stolen it!!) she didnt seem to bothered, but then nor were we. On returning to the room and lifting the toilet seat only to find it wasnt screwed down! The sink was cracked and wasnt in a water tight state! The carpet was thread bare in places, we had a twin room and had 1 headboard between us, both beds were of a different height 2 completely different beds, 1 hard 1 soft. the heating didnt work. To be honest I could go on and on about the shabbyness of this accommodation but no point! What really capped this off was the party that started in the room next door at 2.30am by a group of around 5 young men. I did bang on the wall just to let them know we were in the room next door only to be greeted with a bang back and even more noise. Its impossible to complain at that time of the night as you would in a hotel as the accommodation is separate to the pub which is shut at that time. We waited till the morning to speak to a manager but only managed to find a waitress and a cleaner! My friend has since spoke to the manager who 'could only apologise'
In brief, a terrible, shabby, rundown and badly managed motel type accommodation..
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steve N
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

13 aug 2012
Apart from needing an urgent update to the annex (bathroom in particular) and the rubbish and weeds outside the room window the pluses outweighed these points. The beds were comfortable; the room spacious, it was quiet and the TV reception was good. My compliments to the chef on the great food.
My stay was to cover my husband’s hospital admission that went pear shaped and took longer than planned. Clive was very helpful with the problems this caused as were the staff. Due to my extended stay I had to vacate the room as it was already booked for the Saturday night. I moved to another hotel a few miles away and unfortunately had a fall there. The following day my arm ended up in plaster which complicated matters for me as I was unable to drive. However, with help, I then returned to The Trevor Arms where Clive kindly held the room (I had previously been in) for another week should I need it. I felt at home at The Trevor Arms during a very difficult period. My thanks to Clive and all the staff for being so friendly and helpful. We would visit again but for different reasons!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo